Tinsley, Meadowhall & Brinsworth..good places to live?

Hi there, we are considering moving to sheffield & want to live near the EIS and need good schools close by too. Having no knowledge of the area we've just looked at a map & Tinsley, Meadowhall & Brinsworth seem to meet these requirements.

However, I just wanted some input from people who live in sheffield as whether these are good places to live?

Thanks for your help & if you have any other suggestions we would be very grateful! :)

Brinsworth is probably the better area, steer clear of Tinsley. Have you looked at Wincobank area?

Thank you ange1312, we haven't but I'll check it out now!

it'd be worth travelling a little further to the EIS. through those areas, rather than from.

I'd look at the top end of Wincobank eg Maple Croft Crescent, Leedham Road, Jepson Road, Newman Drive, FortHill Road, Sandstone Rd / Ave - all catchment area for Hinde House School which is for children 3-16 and is very good (both results and Ofsted)

These areas are generally quiet, good value for money and close to EIS, Meadowhall, Concord Sports Centre / Park

Hi brightside infants is ofsted outstanding, limpsfield is a great junior school and Hinde House has improved loads over the last few years, look at sandstone, beacon, Jenkin, stupton, oxted roads, avenues etc. the infants and juniors at the Brightside side of the hill are generally much better performing than those at the Wincobank side. All the roads I listed above are in an area within walking distance of Meadowhall and the tram stop.

Having said that Brinsworth is probably 'nicer' but I've lived at brightside for many years, never had any issues and quite happy here. I would avoid Tinsley tho.

Happy house hunting. :-)

have a look at thorpe hesley just off juns 35 of the M1 you can be at meadowhall in 5 mins

I live at Brinsworth, there are some really nice parts and some not so nice parts. Where I live is about 2 minutes walk from a Junior/infant school and about 10 minute walk to the comprehensive school (which was and I believe still is a good school).

I absolutely love where I currently live, never had any trouble in the time i'v lived here (about 12 years now I think), it's extremely quiet and the people living in this area are a mix of families and older people. If you'd like to know anything more feel free to private message me.

I live in Tinsley, it's a good area at the top end but once you get past the pike and heron it's grotty and horrible stay clear of that particular area, anywhere higher than pike and heron is decent.

Brinsworth is decent too

Attercliffe and Darnall are the closest housing to the EIS. Further out there is Tinsley, Wincobank & Handsworth then you are into Rotherham. Brinsworth, Catcliffe & Treeton.

Renting anywhere will be £400-500/month but if you have a spare £250,000 then go for Treeton.

I live in Tinsley near the shopping centre and it's fine. We do have the need for community focused individuals and families as there are lots of ideas the local groups want to do. Although funding is in short supply spirit is not.

I would avoid Tinsley - the air quality alone would put me off.

have a look at thorpe hesley just off juns 35 of the M1 you can be at meadowhall in 5 mins

I would go along with this suggestion.:)