Do you believe in God?

Do you believe in God?  

374 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in God?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Willing to be convinced

Sounds to me like your faith in critical thinking skills is on par with people faith in the existence of a God, because you think your claim is true, it must be true.

Except critical thinking skills are demonstrable in the results they help produce and also allows you to understand why they help produce the results they do therefore no faith is required.

Looks as if pinisho may have had enough of you Mr Smith. :hihi:

Nah, I've just had a very enjoyable bank holiday day out away from my computer.

There's just no way I'll let MrSmith or yourself have the last word. After all right must triumph.;)

Except critical thinking skills are demonstrable in the results they help produce and also allows you to understand why they help produce the results they do therefore no faith is required.

How do you intend to demonstrate that your critical thinking skills produced the correct amount people that have a belief in God, when the evidence points to a figure of around 88% of humans believing in god? And not your presumed figure of under 20%

http://richarddawkins.net/articles/644941-rdfrs-uk-ipsos-mori-poll-1-how-religious-are-uk-christians

Of course.

I'm not part of any in group.

There would be a great many more people declaring they were Christians if there was a threat of another powerful religion taking over???

How do you intend to demonstrate that your critical thinking skills produced the correct amount people that have a belief in God, when the evidence points to a figure of around 88% of humans believing in god? And not your presumed figure of under 20%

I think you'll find it's following a religion rather than believing in god and just because somebody claims to believe in god doesn't mean they're actually telling the truth.

There would be a great many more people declaring they were Christians if there was a threat of another powerful religion taking over???

You vant us to lie. oy vay:roll::roll::roll:

There is but it's non belief that is on the rise and has been since the 1960's.

I think you'll find it's following a religion rather than believing in god and just because somebody claims to believe in god doesn't mean they're actually telling the truth.

How does critical thinking help you to determine who is being truthful about their belief in God.

There is but it's non belief that is on the rise and has been since the 1960's.

Yes well i might have to go underground later perhaps :(

Especially if they start burning bibles and torturing us like the atheists goverments in North Korea,and like Romania and China were doing until recently.Although i'm not sure whether China has changed that much?

Especially if they start burning bibles and torturing us like the atheists goverments in North Korea,and like Romania and China were doing until recently.Although i'm not sure whether China has changed that much?

Do you have firm evidence for above Janie or is it just hearsay? :huh:

Not at all. Living in a secular state you can believe whatever nonsense you wish which is entirely different from living in a totalitarian pseudo religious state like North Korea.