Forced back to work with a slipped disc

its just a crap world we live in , im gonna have to crawl into work in the morning but ive told me boss im doing nowt.

If he gives you duties appropriate to do with your injury, then fair enough. If not, then at the least, raise a formal grievance, and at worst resign and take action for unfair dismissal.

As to fixing your back, I have tried chiropractice, and I have tried osteopathy, but what worked for me was a thing called "Bowen". Which is odd, because it sounds totally like a snake oil cure.

Try being self employed and having a bad back like I am,I had a bad time with a trapped nerve in my back and I worked it made me worse and I had to go to work as no one helps you when you are self employed, seeing it from an employers side there is nothing worse than when you have jobs booked in for an employee and the same morning they ring in saying that they have a bad back or something, that can loose you loads of money and the good will of the customer, I lost a good contract through an unreliable staff once,I do understand how painful a bad back can be but I am just trying to give the other side of things

Edited by Shogun

Once you have a prolapsed disc the pain is it is likely to keep coming and going, I have lived with mine for about 20 years and I know what will bring the pain on, if I can’t avoid the activity I wear a neoprene back support. I find tens gives the best pain relief but I don’t let it stop me doing what I enjoy and it has never stopped me working although I did have to change careers.

Aye, on the money, I have the same condition. At the onset I was laid on my back for 12 weeks with severe pain in my back and right leg. During this time of incapacity my athritis took hold and made the condition even worse. My right leg "withered" to about half its usual thickness, a very disturbing effect.

I have received "papers" from the Job centre to attend "work" focused interviews, even though I have to use a mobility scooter to get around. That should be great fun.

Angel.

-anyway im back in in the morning my boss says just turn up and do whats best for you its a "get back to work scheme" thing they have going on , ill go and do nothing hows that for the bizz , if my backs hurting ill do whats best for it , afterall health is better than work they wont get any favors from me in the future.

-anyway im back in in the morning my boss says just turn up and do whats best for you its a "get back to work scheme" thing they have going on , ill go and do nothing hows that for the bizz , if my backs hurting ill do whats best for it , afterall health is better than work they wont get any favors from me in the future.

If you don't keep working and you give in to the pain you will end up like ANGELFIRE1 on your back for 12 weeks with severe pain and during this time of incapacity arthritis may take hold and the condition will get even worse, and don’t forget his leg "withered" to about half its usual thickness,:gag: a very disturbing effect. All becaue he stopped and gave in to the pain. :)

If you don't keep working and you give in to the pain you will end up like ANGELFIRE1 on your back for 12 weeks with severe pain and during this time of incapacity arthritis may take hold and the condition will get even worse, and don’t forget his leg "withered" to about half its usual thickness,:gag: a very disturbing effect. All becaue he stopped and gave in to the pain. :)

Not a case of stopped due to the pain altogether, unabe to walk was the end result. I had to crawl on all fours to get to the loo, sometimes you dont make it in time. Also I had a numb saddle, which means you cannot feel when you go to the loo, back or front. DON'T want that again. FACT. That's the end result of a prolapsed disc.

Angel.

-anyway im back in in the morning

If you go back to work you no longer have any grounds for complaint when it gets worse. You'd be an utter fool to do so.