Are you scared of needles?

I have a sort of phobia of needles.

Its not the injection that I'm actually scared of, if its just a quick injection then I don't like it(does anyone?) but it dosn't bother me that much. Its blood tests and canulars that freak me out, when needles stay under the skin. The thought of them being under the skin makes me feel physically sick, if I have blood taken I generally have to lay down when they do it, am prone to fainting and dizzyness.

I couldn't give blood anyway due to having a transfusion but if I could then knowing how important giving blood is then I would try(not saying I'd manage it but would try) x

When a cannula is inserted the needle is removed leaving small plastic tube in place.

When a cannula is inserted the needle is removed leaving small plastic tube in place.

That would fit with it being not so much a needle-phobia, as a phobia of things being stuck underneath the skin.

That would fit with it being not so much a needle-phobia, as a phobia of things being stuck underneath the skin.

Thats exactly it!!

The thought of it makes me heave x

I'm fine with needles in the injection sense. I just seriously can't cope with it into the vein though :(

Ugh I hate the sight of needles I have to have blood tests quite a lot I suffer from anaemia.

I am a rare blood group too and I know they would like some of my blood but I cant give any.

The needles dentists use are the real scary ones, the rest are ok.

I hate needles, it's a completely irrational fear. Throughout my life I've had many injuries which didn't bother me, I've had many physical jobs in which I received cuts and gouges, it never bothered me. I hate needles though, what's more irrational is that I fear thinner needles more than larger ones.

It's not that bad that I'm terrified, I just have to count to 10 before I can have one.

Needles in your mouth are the worst.