Wetherspoons ,crystal peaks

Is the swim inn closing ?

Unfortunately yes. Early in May, I believe. There's a few Wetherspoons around South Yorks up for sale.

Edited by Joe Totale

Has there been anything further said on this?

I heard another rumour that a jdw was opening in the new development near Drakehouse.

I've heard that the Turf Tavern at Handsworth is going to be a Wetherspoons, but then again someone told me it's going to be a Chinese restaurant. Rumours and more rumours.

Now I've heard the snooker hall near the Turf Tavern is going to be a Wetherspoons. Local celebrity Sean Bean's going to open it.

It's going to be called 'Be An Cue'

Has there been anything further said on this?

I heard another rumour that a jdw was opening in the new development near Drakehouse.

another rumour is that damons is closing, the big indian restaurant is moving into damons and wetherspoons are moving into the restaurant . how true this is I don't know because was in damons last Tuesday night and it was very busy

Swim inn -been taken over by Hawthorne Leisure , they just acquired all 11 wetherspoons pubs that were for sale & last year bought a large number of greene king pubs. Their prices & food menus very similar to Wetherspoons & can see them being a fierce competitor. called at Swim inn last week ( called a My Local Pub now) & some drinks even cheaper than before -food ok for what we paid. As for Wetherspoons at Crystal Peaks -been told its going to be in an old BHF place -not the current shop in the shopping centre.

another rumour is that damons is closing, the big indian restaurant is moving into damons and wetherspoons are moving into the restaurant . how true this is I don't know because was in damons last Tuesday night and it was very busy

I've heard the same thing … makes sense really!

Near the bus/tram stations, away from residential development, large footfall of undesirables around the area, two bookies within a short walk.

It ticks all the right boxes.

The old BHF place is now Toys R Us.