Bar and Beyond West Street.

I've only been in once - but it's one of the few places in Sheffield which isn't full of noisy chavs or real-ale snobs...I'd go again, the music was loud like usual but at least they were playing proper music rather than dance rap <removed>...

Edited by nikki-red

I've only been in once - but it's one of the few places in Sheffield which isn't full of noisy chavs or real-ale snobs...I'd go again, the music was loud like usual but at least they were playing proper music rather than dance rap <removed>...

' The Frog and Parrot ' anyone ?:)

Edited by nikki-red

The punk in there is cheap, but the pint I had was so badly oxidised it was nothing like punk.

Cheers for the tip. I actually had a Punk in the Frog and Parrot and it came served in a Carling glass (SpiderPete almost had heart failure when I mentioned this - #glassgate) However, it wasn't too bad. Maybe I have got so used to things like Punk these days that it actually benefitted from being in a headkeeper?

Cue derision from the purists...

i dont think this bar will last,its got to be losing money,

funny enough varsity started reducing their opening hours till eventually was 0!

funny enough varsity started reducing their opening hours till eventually was 0!

It is slightly odd when you look at what operates successfully within 50 yards (in some cases 10 yards!)

Cavendish, Revolution, The Hop, The Forum, Common Room all been around for years and operate well, you would assume from longevity.

It must be a marketing/brand issue because what they offer is not that different when it comes down to it. Be interesting to see how much longer it lasts. Only a few months left of Student money, May to September is the cities lull in terms of midweek student trade.

It is slightly odd when you look at what operates successfully within 50 yards (in some cases 10 yards!)

Cavendish, Revolution, The Hop, The Forum, Common Room all been around for years and operate well, you would assume from longevity.

It must be a marketing/brand issue because what they offer is not that different when it comes down to it. Be interesting to see how much longer it lasts. Only a few months left of Student money, May to September is the cities lull in terms of midweek student trade.

The hop has closed down

Bar and Beyond has potential but I think the style of operation needs some attention.

The upstairs nightclub is fine - free entry before midnight, busy and lively atmosphere, dance music, quick bar service and appropriate drinks selection with some offers.

Downstairs in my mind should be a completely different atmosphere - maybe a bit more traditional and relaxed - with good beer, wine etc, good food and all day opening.

In actual fact they seem to focus more on selling pre-club packages with booths and big sharing bottles of booze.