The first Britons

I think I can guess what's this is going to be, as you're posting it, but can you just sum it up for us? It's an hour long! Thanks.

watch it and find out, its an interesting documentary, ive just watched it

for those too lazy to watch it the blurb on the page says

Horizon reveals how new archaeological discoveries are painting a different picture of the very first native Britons. For centuries it's been thought that these hunter-gatherers lived a brutal, hand-to-mouth existence. But extraordinary new evidence has forced scientists to rethink who these people were, where they came from and what impact they had on our early history.

Now, our impression is of a hardy, sophisticated people who withstood centuries of extreme climate change and a devastating tsunami that was to give birth to the island nation of Britain. Their way of life may even have survived beyond its greatest ever threat - the farming revolution.

I'm at work, not too lazy, no time. Maybe get round to it over the weekend then.

I'm at work, not too lazy, no time. Maybe get round to it over the weekend then.

cool

its not political, i fancied it because what theyve found has changed even the "experts" understanding of the history, fascinating stuff

I'll have to hope it comes round again. (Can't watch it on the pc)

I'll have to hope it comes round again. (Can't watch it on the pc)

It's repeated again tonight on BBC2 at 11:35pm

cool its not political, i fancied it because what theyve found has changed even the "experts" understanding of the history, fascinating stuff
you were right, it was very interesting, in fact I watched it twice.

Nice to know that our earliest ancestors were very innovative and farsighted. Something that's obviously been transmitted down the millennia and is still an inherent part of the genetic inheritance of the indigenous people of Britain.

This is probably why the Enlightenment and the Industrial Revolution started here and we were able to build an empire and colonise most of the unknown world as well. :cool:

Very interesting documentary that. Thanks for posting. History is fascinating.

it seems that no matter what we believe, humans when gathered together always build community that keeps them up. It is in our nature. We want to break away from the wild, because the wild is detrimental to us... the videio is no longer availble in the link, here is the documentary in youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrJGa86silI

Edited by plantas_Vzla