Tinsley, Meadowhall & Brinsworth..good places to live?

duke of norfork was the best estate in rotherham at one time..... not so sure these days .

I never thought much of it except it had snob value for some people. I lived in Rotherham most of my life except a short time in Worksop in the '90s. I've never been tempted to buy on that estate. I do know several people who did/do live there and its no better than other decent housing estate. I've lived in Kimberworth, Brinsworth, Thorpe Hesley, Flanderwell, Whiston, Laughton and Worksop.

Tinsley is an Asian area, just so you know.

So??? Whats wrong with that??

---------- Post added 14-10-2013 at 21:10 ----------

I live in Tinsley, it's a good area at the top end but once you get past the pike and heron it's grotty and horrible stay clear of that particular area, anywhere higher than pike and heron is decent.

Brinsworth is decent too

I agree. It is a bit grotty down bottom end, but then gets better higher up the hill.

brinsworth is the better erea dont move to tinsley you will regret. good place only 2 seconds away from brinsworth worth checking out would be wiston just in rotherham.

Tinsley is marked for commercial development so the area has been allowed to run itself into the ground. For a temporary stay the houses are cheap but you could run into problems with insurance so get a few quotes from postcode areas you want to live in.

Air quality is probably the worst in Yorkshire so if you are trying to maintain fitness you will soon be run down with pollutants causing you other complications.

Stay out of Sheffield if you can it's crap to live in. Brinsworth or Treeton could be your alternative question.

Avoid Tinsley like the plague unless you like been kept awake by the local inhabitants out on the street

and before the do-gooders come screaming on accusing the post of racism, inaccurate, etc My friend has lived on Dundas Road for nearly all her life and cant wait to get out as in the last two years the people who have moved into the houses are disruptive,have no respect for property and are frequently out causing noise at all times.

Look at Brinsworth but avoid Duncan and Ellis Street. Have you thought of Handsworth? they are comparible distance to the EIS if that is the main focal point for you

I would just like to add my observations/experience of Tinsley. Three years ago I used to have weekly Bulgarian language lessons with a lady who lived at the bottom of Ferrars road in a rented terrace house. This was right down near the main road that leads to Tinsley roundabout. I was invited to a party they had and did worry that I wouldn't know anyone but I can honestly say her neighbours and friends were extremely welcoming and friendly. There were people from lots of different nationalities, most had English as their second language. They went out of their way to make sure they circulated and introduced themselves to EVERYONE when they arrived. They all either brought food or cooked food they had brought when they arrived. They were happy to chat about their families and careers/jobs. I would not let a multicultural area put you off living there.

Having said that, I prefer to live semi rural where I can easily drive to where I need to be. Do you prefer to be on a housing estate? What sort and size or property are you looking at and what price range?

with the tram stopping at EIS I would have thought you could live in most areas and get there with little problems