Dangerous dog, Dronfield area, 17 December

Wednesday, 17 December.

A warning for you if you're a dog owner in Dronfield or area.

For the second time, our dog's been savaged by a large Staffy cross (or something like) called Ronnie. He's got neck and throat wounds and is bleeding from both. This happened at about 6.30 this evening.

Unprovoked, no warning, and again in the Dronfield Nature Park.

Reported to 101.

This dog is out of control, and twice now, not on a lead.

His owner - a male, this time - stood there and watched while my wife and I wrestled to get this brute off our dog, admitting that he "couldn't get him off".

(What an admission)

The owner also has a small white dog, ironically on a lead tonight...

"Ronnie" is dangerous with a capital D.

God help a small dog/child getting attacked - they seriously wouldn't stand an earthly.

The last time - mid-September - the mad dog was accompanied by a blonde female, who also couldn't control it. She eventually made all the "right noises" about ringing later to see how our dog was/paying any vet bill, but needless to say, contact wasn't made.

So...if you happen to live next door to these cretins and their dog "Ronnie", be warned, especially if you've got kids or a dog.

If you want to give any information to the Police, the reference is 576/17December, by ringing 101.

I'll be reporting it to the NEDDC Dog Warden tomorrow - I wouldn't be surprised to hear of other instances.

The owner (who scarpered at a rate of knots) drives a silver-ish hatchback-type car....Fiesta, maybe?...so perhaps doesn't live in Dronfield, but probably not far away.

If anyone local does recognise this dog from the description - a large StaffyX (maybe), sandy coloured, named Ronnie, don't um and ah...don't feel "sorry" because you're a dog lover - this thing wants controlling before he harms - or worse - some other dog or person...

This is awful RiffRaff, if you haven't already could you post this on Dronfield Online on Facebook?

This is awful RiffRaff, if you haven't already could you post this on Dronfield Online on Facebook?

Thanks for the suggestion - it's on my own FB (with about 56 shares so far) but I hadn't thought of the actual Dronfield one...

---------- Post added 21-12-2014 at 23:46 ----------

Just an update on this :

From info received (and a bit of reading) I now think it was a pitbull involved...hadn't realised that they tend to have pinkish rather than dark noses, and very pale eyes (which my better half spotted during the first daylight attack in September)

Still not sure about the car involved, but leaning towards it being a Megane rather than a "Fiesta-type"....

So we end up with :

A pitbull called Ronnie, pale eyes, sandy in colour with white patch on chest.

A blonde owner with ponytail.

A male owner, who didn't come back to see if our dog was OK : for all he knew, we could've been bitten as well! Easily identified by the huge yellow streak running straight down his spine, in my opinion.....

Also has a really tiny white dog.

Drives a (maybe) Renault Megane.

Has been reportedly seen walking between the Bowshaw roundabout and Dronfield bottom, so I guess could live Low Edges/Jordanthorpe/Batemoor/Dronfield...but perhaps further afield if out on a long walk.

Ring any bells?