Dose anyone know where to buy..

Hi,

Dose anyone know where I can buy hay bales, Straw bales, large supplies of sawdust??

Also Dose anyone know a good supplier of Rabbit pellets? Not the colourful junk food found in most shops..

I will be going shopping tomorrow so any help before them would be great thanks xx

We get Aubiose from Argo (up penistone way) it is far superior to sawdust nd a huge bale is £10 and buy big bags of hay and straw from Cookes pet store on Queens Road. i think you can get big bags of hay n straw from Argo too but we tend to just het the aubiose because thats all we can fit in the boot

I need bales of hay and straw ideally as I have a continental Giant and she's got a huge 8ft x 4ft hutch I need to pack out with straw as its getting colder, I also have a few other smaller rabbits.

I was going to nip up to Argo feeds tomorrow but didn't know what prices were like?? do you know what prices for sacks of food are like? I will try the Aubiose thanks xx

Bales of hay and straw are available from Totley Farm that said I would not use straw for my rabbits as it has no nutritional value and can make their feet sore, sawdust is also a bad idea as it can cause respiratory problems, you can get large bales of wood shavings from Arnlod Lavers timber suppliers but Aubiose is much better, it is hemp chips far more absorbent, reduces the smell and biodegrades much quicker than wood so it makes great manure, we buy our Aubiose from Pet Shed at Millhouses, we feed all our Rabbits on Harringtons rabbit pellets, it has no artificial colors or flavors, comes in 10k bags and we also get it from Pet Shed at Millhouses, Abbeydale Road south, just before the park on the right

Edited by ShirleyJay