A final 'goodnight' to Brude

So sorry to read this Strix. I remember his contribution to the walking group with fondness. Such a character to come back from his early injuries.

:( :(

Thanks everybody :)

He has left us with lots of fabulous memories, many smiles, and even some laughs when we remember his antics, and the arguments we had! (Boy did he look silly/very muddy after he lost the argument over how deep that puddle of mud was in Totley :rolleyes: )

We have lots of pictures of him - mostly on mountains, or sleeping!

Such a character... The dog who ordered his own beer from the bar (and usually got it!)

I miss him, but I miss him with a smile :)

I always promised I would not let him suffer, after the things he went through when young. I am consoled by the fact that nobody he met in his last couple of days could even guess how he was wearing out - even the vet who I was trying to talk to about when we could put him to sleep :( ... He utterly blagged his way out of a truly peaceful end, but his end was reasonably short, and he was with us. For that I am grateful and content

I'm blessed to have been your mum Brude. Thank you xxxx

---------- Post added 03-11-2014 at 02:41 ----------

So sorry to read this Strix. I remember his contribution to the walking group with fondness. Such a character to come back from his early injuries.

:( :(

The Hi-vis beagle, walking group mascot... for a time :)

http://s43.photobucket.com/user/SFStrix/media/SF%20Walk%208SEP06/things/IMG_2787.jpg.html

I don't come on here as often as I used to Strix, but when I saw this I just had to say how sorry I am to hear that Brude has passed away. I hope you and your family are ok and can soon think of him with happy memories. They don't half make an impression on our lives our furry friends and leave a great big hole in our heats when they leave us.

Sleep tight Brude.

xxxxx

I'm more of a forum lurker these days, but when I read of his passing I must admit I shed a tear.

I'm so sorry for your loss, give H a hug from me, she's welcome here anytime to play with my gang if it helps x

Thanks again :)

We've met many friends through this forum, and he's been babysat by a fair few too. Some have rescued us in our hours of need too - you know who you are, and thank you :)

I'm being asked all sorts of questions about where he came from, and his brothers and sisters, and to tell stories about the funny things he got up to. Thankfully he has given me plenty of material to go at!

I still keep expecting to see him curled up on the bed, or expecting a bark when the post arrives, or worrying I've not put him out yet, or expecting to find the contents of the bedroom bin to be shredded all over the rug...

I tell H that he lives in our hearts, so long as we remember him though :)

I too only come on this forum now very rarely, but I remember reading lots of lovely stories about him when I used to have a look and post in here all the time. So sorry to hear of his passing! you must feel like a piece of you is missing and that will never go away, but, the sadness will start to lessen a little bit each day until it becomes a bearable part of your life. He was such a lucky dog to be a part of your family and to be so well loved. RIP Brude, shining as a bright star in the heavens now. :-(

Aww god I haven't been on here in months and months and just seen this :( rest in peace lil man he will be playing with my Tia who died age 12 3rd June this year xxx

Hi Strix I don't know you or brude but I just wanted to say sorry.

I know exactly how you feel as I had to have my beloved and precious dog nipper pts on Friday. I have never cried or been in as much pain as I have these last few days. This is the first day I haven't cried (yet). It is so horrible and I can relate to how you feel in your house, we too got nipper only 2 months after moving in to our house and it feels so empty without him.

I hope you are ok x