Bob Dylan in Sheffield

Have found this site which lists the tracks that were recorded. They are:

Disc 2 - 68.30 Sheffield: 66-May-16 1 She Belongs To Me 4.01 2 Fourth Time Around 4.44 3 Visions Of Johanna 8.26 4 It's All Over Now Baby Blue 5.52 5 Desolation Row 11.31 6 Just Like A Woman 7.52 7 Mr. Tambourine Man 10.33 8 LeopardSkin PillBox Hat 4.33 9 One Too Many Mornings 3.30

Liverpool is as good a quality as you will find on the tour. The performance is powerful, and both Dylan's vocals and Robbie Robertson's lead guitar playing seems truly inspired. This is a remarkable effort. The first track was used as a demo of the song by Dwarf music. The second track appeared on a 1966 single, and the CBS official CD 'Masterpieces'. Glasgow is interesting tracks recorded for use in the film 'Eat The Document'. The Sheffield show is perhaps the best of the tour. The quality is incredible, and the performance can move you to tears. This set represents some of the finest of the tour, and arguably, the best of this collection.

I love dylan, it is very interesting about the sheffield concert,1966 you say . wow thats really interesting. good info mate.

Thanks Missknovak, this was one of the last shows on which I did the lighting at the Gaumont before moving on to other things. I was able to hear the recordings played back after the show and was knocked out by the quality. The show itself was a great success and after 40 years I may be able to relive it again, if I can get a copy!

Bob Dylan played the Gaumont Theatre as part of his World Tour in May 1966.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Dylan_World_Tour_1966

Time Life photos have an interesting image of him posing outside LSD Partners Betting Office.

http://content.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,1812373_1721126,00.html

Does anyone know where it was ?

I've got a feeling it might have been on Cambridge Street.

MrIan

Could be Nottingham where he went the same day.

Well - if it was taken on the way in to Sheffield per the thread Me and Pippo linked to, and they were travelling from Leicester were he'd played the day before per this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Dylan_World_Tour_1966 - then in the pre-M1 days I'd say they most likely went A6 Leicester to Derby, A38 then A61 to Chesterfield and continued A61 into Sheffield - Meadowhead, Chesterfield Road, London Road.

So I'd guess somewher along that route.

We've had a big debate about this on another forum. It turns out the picture was taken in Nottingham, but it was incorrectly labelled as Sheffield.

Yes, according to the Wiki link, he played Leicester the night before Sheffield. There was an L.S.D. betting shop on the Loughborough Rd in West Bridgford, which could easily have been en-route. Long since redeveloped by the look of it.