Really stupid drivers.

I know that we can all cite instances and perhaps we are all guilty of misjudgements at times.

However there are occasions which totally baffle me,one of which occurred around 6.30 this evening as I was turning right from Watersmeet Road on to Rivelin Valley Road.

I was about a quarter of the way through the manoeuvre when a

grey Mercedes turned on to Rivelin Valley Rd from Holme Lane.

The driver chose to accelerate towards my rear end whilst blasting his horn rather than easing off his speed whilst I completed the turn.

I don't know what the driver was shouting as we passed as I was also shouting a few choice comments.

I do know it was totally needless and the only reason I am writing this is to get the lingering annoyance out of my system.

Anyone who lives on RVR like I do despair at the Hollings Lane junction as well as this one where RVR and Watersmeet join. The only possibilities that I can see is that like so many who come out of Watersmeet Rd use it as a rat run. Then proceed to block RVR as they are unable to get into lane near the traffic lights.

However like you I have seen vehicles leaving Holme Lane and come round the bend at pace on the understanding that no other vehicle should inhibit their progress on RVR.

The thing that concerns me though is that you only managed 25% of your manoevre to cross a road,but managed to be bad mouthed from a vehicle that travelled 50 to 60 feet from the bend.Did your back end still remain over the central line I wonder?

Yep the roads are full of dangerous inconsiderate cretin kins in my opinion.

Driving home last night past City Limits towards Leppings Lane. Little red car driver decides they don't want to wait in the traffic, came flying down the bus lane and then forced their way back into the left hand lane very quickly without indicating. I'm just glad they were no motorcyclists behind the red car, because I doubt the car driver checked their mirrors at all.

They later appeared to take the left filter lane near Iceland, swerving at the very last second.

Anyone who lives on RVR like I do despair at the Hollings Lane junction as well as this one where RVR and Watersmeet join. The only possibilities that I can see is that like so many who come out of Watersmeet Rd use it as a rat run. Then proceed to block RVR as they are unable to get into lane near the traffic lights.

However like you I have seen vehicles leaving Holme Lane and come round the bend at pace on the understanding that no other vehicle should inhibit their progress on RVR.

The thing that concerns me though is that you only managed 25% of your manoevre to cross a road,but managed to be bad mouthed from a vehicle that travelled 50 to 60 feet from the bend.Did your back end still remain over the central line I wonder?

Both junctions are difficult but do work if drivers are sensible.

I'm not sure that the Walkley Bank/Watersmeet Rd can be termed a rat run,as there is no other obvious route if you are heading from Walkley or Crookes towards Wisewood etc.Whilst it is certainly very busy at times many drivers coming down RVR do leave a space for right turners from Watersmeet to merge in.If my rear end was still over the centre line it was marginal and left ample room for the Merc to continue at a sensible25/30 mph and not the dramatic light flashing,horn blowing accelerating exhibition that they chose.

As I live on Walkley Bank Road I use this junction and Hollins Lane very often.

Holllins Lane can be a nightmare on the bridge if drivers are not extremely courteous and careful,whichever way they approach it.Usually the problem is one of impatience such as when a second car comes through the Give Way sign on Hollins Lane causing a blockage.I have seen many an instance of potential road rage as traffic coming off RVR meets a blockage on the bridge.

That junction/bridge needs widening to be a normal two-way junction. The bottle neck it currently causes is a farce.

You have my sympathy. Was on a bus the other night heading down a steep road in Barnsley when a guy in a flatbed truck was reversing out of someone's drive and clearly had either not seen the bus or had no intention of stopping, so the bus driver had to sound his horn to warn him as had too much momentum to stop. The guy in the truck barley missed hitting the bus and, when we pulled up at the next stop, chose to pull up alongside the bus and hurl obscenities at the driver which, his being a burly guy, really shook the poor little bus driver up. We have to assure him he'd done nothing wrong and we would testify to that if necessary. But he said the bus had cameras so would show what happened anyway. God knows what the truck drivers problem was tho.

There's a very straightforward explanation.

These are simply a cohort of patients who are trialling a new stress-relief medication. These are people who have a history of high blood pressure, anxiety and stress, and they are putting themselves through "boiling point" scenarios to see if the new drugs are working.

Either that or they're pillocks who might spontaneously combust if anything actually bad ever happened to them. Imagine being that angry all the time :)

White van drivers that tailgate you so closely that they cannot see your indicators or brake lights in normal daylight. Then have the nerve to give you a blast on the horn for not indicating.

Drivers who can only do 40. 40 through the 50 zone, 40 through the 30 zone, they are incapable of adjusting their speed apparently.

Sorry to be a peddant RJRB but any part of your car no matter how little that is over the line is wrong.If you are unable to complete your move safely then you have to wait .Having said that ,having come down RVR to the Watersmeet junction .I have seen cars come out of Watersmeet Road and completed their move perfectly ,but to have a car come off of Holme Lane only to accelerate up to the vehicle coming out of Watersmeet to blow his horn and shout profanities.

Having just come up RVR to come home ,you just could not make it up .Blue Range Rover just come out of Hollins Lane in the middle RVR stopping vehicles from coming down RVR ,and stopping a car going up Hollins Lane.

Being rather childish I refused to allow him to come across .

I suppose using the wordage of rat run is how you percieve the words,.But after 3.30pm coming out of Watersmeet certainly increases as it is clear to see them backed up and then halfway up the hill.I imagine you encounter a lot less traffic coming this way ,and a lot less idiots changing lane at the last moment on Bradfield Road aat Hillsbro corner.

Ratrun would mean a route that's an alternative to the signed main roads, but from Walkley it's the obvious route, there is no main road to take to get to Wisewood, particularly since you can't go through Hillsborough corner.