When your water bills go up again..

Second time I've started a thread about water leaks and their non repair, last one was in 2014, things don't get better.

Reported a water leak adjacent to Frecheville community centre on 13th May, it had already been reported on 5th May, Severn Trent said Sheffield Council had given them permission to sort it on 30th May.

Well it's the 13th June and all that's happened is somebody has sprayed a blue line either side of where the leak surfaces, on a ball park calculation that's 7000 gallons of water down the drain.

To put things in perspective Yorkshire water supply over 1 billion litres of water per day according to their website....7,000 gallons a month wouldn't even register anywhere I don't think..it's about a millionth of the supply.....

To put things in perspective Yorkshire water supply over 1 billion litres of water per day according to their website....7,000 gallons a month wouldn't even register anywhere I don't think..it's about a millionth of the supply.....

It's Severn Trent.

7000 gallons and counting.

Then multiply by all others similarly not fixed within a month.

its awfull that free rain water can cost so much.

To put it in perspective, the privatised utilities are just a license to print money for shareholders - managing the infrastructure is just something they dabble in.

Guest sibon

Just use rain water then. It is genuinely free.

Second time I've started a thread about water leaks and their non repair, last one was in 2014, things don't get better.

Reported a water leak adjacent to Frecheville community centre on 13th May, it had already been reported on 5th May, Severn Trent said Sheffield Council had given them permission to sort it on 30th May.

Well it's the 13th June and all that's happened is somebody has sprayed a blue line either side of where the leak surfaces, on a ball park calculation that's 7000 gallons of water down the drain.

Think you'll find it's the pond that's leaking again.

Why would they worry? They can just charge everyone more, so no problem. Its not like anyone will go without.

It's an absolute disgrace I was going to log the leak a few weeks ago but didn't because it had already been reported by someone else. Is there no way of complaining to OfWAT?

I checked again later on in May that the leak was still on the system and it stated that they would be commencing on 12th June.

It's an absolute disgrace I was going to log the leak a few weeks ago but didn't because it had already been reported by someone else. Is there no way of complaining to OfWAT?

I checked again later on in May that the leak was still on the system and it stated that they would be commencing on 12th June.

Yes there is a way of of complaining,address and phone number below

OFWAT

Address: Centre City Tower, 7 Hill St, Birmingham B5 4UA

Phone: 0121 644 7500

Edited by bazjea

It's tragic that we flush our toilets with fresh drinking water.