2017 General Election candidates (Sheffield)

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-39946901

Candidates are listed alphabetically.

BRIGHTSIDE AND HILLSBOROUGH

Liberal Democrat Simon Clement-Jones

Workers Revolutionary Party Mike Driver

Labour Gill Furniss

Green Party Christine Gilligan Kubo

UKIP Shane Harper

Conservative Michael Naughton

Social Democratic Party Muzafar Rahman

CENTRAL

Green Party Natalie Bennett

Labour

Paul Blomfield

The Yorkshire Party Jack Carrington

UKIP Dominic Cook

Liberal Democrat Shaffaq Mohammed

Pirate Party Robert Moran

Conservative Stephanie Roe

Social Democratic Party Joe Westridge

HALLAM

Liberal Democrat Nick Clegg

Labour Jared O Mara

Green Party Logan Robin

UKIP John Thurley

Conservative Ian Walker

Social Democratic Party Steven Winstone

HEELEY

UKIP Howard Denby

Conservative Gordon Gregory

Labour Louise Haigh

Social Democratic Party Jaspreet Oberoi

Liberal Democrat Joe Otten

Green Party Declan Walsh

SOUTH-EAST

Labour Clive Betts

Conservative Lindsey Cawrey

UKIP Dennise Dawson

Social Democratic Party Ishleen Oberoi

Liberal Democrat Colin Ross

PENISTONE & STOCKSBRIDGE [part is in Barnsley]

Liberal Democrat Penny Baker

UKIP John Booker

Labour Angela Smith

Conservative Nicola Wilson

Edited by Jeffrey Shaw

I predict that the labour party will win all of these seats, apart from Hallam.

Liberal manifesto has some really daft ideas but the one that takes the biscuit is banning all new diesel cars and vans, people have the choice already so why interfere.

Edited by panzer1

The Conservatives are in with a fair chance of taking Penistone and Stocksbridge.

I predict that the labour party will win all of these seats, apart from Hallam.

Hallam was close to going Labour in 2015 but until 1997 it was consistently Tory, last represented by Irvine Patnick and ousted by LibDem Richard Allan. (From 1959-1983 John Osborn got about 50-60% of the poll.)

Clegg should win again, but it will be interesting to see if Tory Ian Walker can make up much ground. With only 13.6% in 2015 it seems unlikely he will be winning in what so recently was their most fertile corner of South Yorkshire.

Oliver Coppard put up a really strong fight for Labour last time round but recently got a new job and is sitting this election out.

3 voters in my house covered by penistone and Stockbridge. We are switching from UKIP to Tory, not a thing appeals to us about labour. With a majority of around 6000 and 10000 ukip voters last time and 12000 Tory votes, if enough change over then they may do it .

Interesting to note that the Sheffield constituencies above represent five out of the six constituencies nationwide that the rump SDP is contesting.

According to Wikipedia it's a successor to the party founded by the Gang of Four in the 80s but somehow it's drifted to a hard anti-Europe stance!

I have changed my vote as a result of this list.

There's a Pirate Party!! I'm absolutely voting for them!

Hallam was close to going Labour in 2015 but until 1997 it was consistently Tory, last represented by Irvine Patnick and ousted by LibDem Richard Allan. (From 1959-1983 John Osborn got about 50-60% of the poll.)

Clegg should win again, but it will be interesting to see if Tory Ian Walker can make up much ground. With only 13.6% in 2015 it seems unlikely he will be winning in what so recently was their most fertile corner of South Yorkshire.

Oliver Coppard put up a really strong fight for Labour last time round but recently got a new job and is sitting this election out.

I understand that the Tories sent a letter to all those voters they deemed likely to vote Tory and told them to vote Lib Dem which they're unlikely to do this time around.

According to Wikipedia it's a successor to the party founded by the Gang of Four in the 80s but somehow it's drifted to a hard anti-Europe stance!

Thanks, I did wonder. Saves me looking them up. Am trying to decide who to waste my vote on.

I might have been tempted by the Yorkshire Party, but they're not standing in my area.

---------- Post added 18-05-2017 at 12:16 ----------

I understand that the Tories sent a letter to all those voters they deemed likely to vote Tory and told them to vote Lib Dem which they're unlikely to do this time around.

Very odd thing to do. :?

Very odd thing to do. :?

When you look at the result you can understand why the Tories were worried that Labour would take the seat rather than their coalition friend.

When you look at the result you can understand why the Tories were worried that Labour would take the seat rather than their coalition friend.

But that was before the Labour Party imploded: they surely don't have much chance there now.