Andy Murray World No 1

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/37882467

Britain's Andy Murray will become the world number one for the first time after Milos Raonic withdrew from their Paris Masters semi-final.

Murray, 29, needed only to reach the final in Paris after current number one Novak Djokovic lost to Marin Cilic in Friday's quarter-final.

I must admit, I didn't think I would see it happen. But he finally did it!

Well deserved though not my cup of tea.

Hope he gets a bit of a personality to go with it.

It'll never ever happen.

When he wins he is Scottish. But when he loses he is British. Cant do with Tennis.

Does it mean he is No.1 seed for all tournaments? If not, it's pretty meaningless. Lee Westwood was world No.1 golfer but never won a major.

When he wins he is Scottish. But when he loses he is British. Cant do with Tennis.

Me neither, or the Scottish.

Why is that relevant? I wasn't aware having a personality a random poster on a forum likes was a requirement of being the best tennis player in the world.

Amazingly talented sportsman - and extremely rare that a Brit is world class at anything, let alone world number one.

Bit pathetic then that the trolling numpties usually come out to play when his name is mentioned - (see above)

Best tennis player we've had in the modern era, world number one is just the cherry on the cake.

Always makes me laugh when the wheel Tim Henman out during a Murray match, presenters love to get a few digs in over Henman's career in comparison to Murray.

Edited by geared