Chess Clubs in Sheffield

Howdy,

do you know whether there are some chess clubs in Sheffield (maybe there is even a university team playing in a league or so?)

Does it happen that there are weekend chess congresses? :?

Thanks!

i think that there is a chess club at the grapes on trippet lane dont know what day they meet tho!

Wouldn't mind getting in on the act myself. Especially if it takes place down t'boozer

Looking for a chess club in Sheffield.

Looked at the YCU and BCF pages..all data for Sheffield was 2-3 years old.

Play off 1200 ELO and looking to improve in a club.

pj

Bents Green

Stannington Chess Club meet every Monday Night from 7.30 at the New Barrack Tavern (Camra Pub) on Penistone Road jjust before you get to Morrisons and Masdonalds, have about 25 members and looking for new playert for the new season that starts next month

Woodseats Chess Club is a fantastic, friendly and active club with 4 teams in different divsions of the Sheffield and District Chess Association League.

We meet on Monday evenings at the Woodseats Social Club on Woodseats Road.

Crown and Glove in Stannington, S6 holds a Chess club on Monday nights.

The Sheffield Chess Club used to be located in a large Victorian house on Sharrow Lane, I'm sorry that I can't locate it's current location, if in fact it has one.

One of the largest, most sociable clubs in Sheffield is Stannington Chess Club who meet at the New Barrack Tavern on Penistone Road (near Mcdonalds and Morrisons) every Monday night from 7.30pm. They have 2 teams who play in the Sheffield and District League, they are always welcoming to new players