Real men [and women in soaps

Although I very rarely watch them these days on the rare occasion that I have glanced the T.V[ while my belovered is engrossed in the latest Emerdale Farm or Eastenders episode] the men portrayed all seem to work in jobs that at one time would be considered rather pansyfide .

They are working in sweet shops,nicker factories,bar managing or other jobs that at one time the girls did.

As to the ladies the majority seem to have just been dressed by Christian Dior and made up by Max Factor even when they have just got out of bed in a morning or walked through a blizzard to the Rovers or Woolpack.

One exception to the trend is Coronation Street that still has a car mechanic and a builder although they both seem to do more snogging and canoodling with the aforementioned short skirted, low top, lipsticked plucked eye mob than mending cars or building semi detached houses.

So what has happened to this British institution that at one time had road sweepers,bin men, postmen ,hookers and cleaners as the main characters.

Myself I now prefer the House Wives of Beverly Hills or New Jersey to our own pampered soap stars as they seem to have real men with big muscles and women that are glad of em.

Edited by samssong

Agreed there are no Real Men in Corra like Stan Hogden, Eddie Yates and Jack Duckworth and even Jed Stone anymore. All who are left are just a bunch of Posers and a couple of Perves. :hihi:

Although I very rarely watch them these days on the rare occasion that I have glanced the T.V[ while my belovered is engrossed in the latest Emerdale Farm or Eastenders episode] the men portrayed all seem to work in jobs that at one time would be considered rather pansyfide .

They are working in sweet shops,nicker factories,bar managing or other jobs that at one time the girls did.

As to the ladies the majority seem to have just been dressed by Christian Dior and made up by Max Factor even when they have just got out of bed in a morning or walked through a blizzard to the Rovers or Woolpack.

One exception to the trend is Coronation Street that still has a car mechanic and a builder although they both seem to do more snogging and canoodling with the aforementioned short skirted, low top, lipsticked plucked eye mob than mending cars or building semi detached houses.

So what has happened to this British institution that at one time had road sweepers,bin men, postmen ,hookers and cleaners as the main characters.

Myself I now prefer the House Wives of Beverly Hills or New Jersey to our own pampered soap stars as they seem to have real men with big muscles and women that are glad of em.

Who were the rugby players (hookers) on Corrie?:D

The best real 'man' in coronation street was for sure Jim McDonald him and liz in the 90s were great