Favourite British Rock Vocalist ever,

Not a competition or a rating game ,just asking folk for their own personal favourite rock'n' roll singer( british) and why they like their choice. I'll kick of with mine, which is John Lennon. I was gobsmacked when I played the Beatles first two albums, especially Twist and Shout , Wait Mr Postman, Money,,You really got a hold on me, I could go on. To me they are some of the best rock vocals of all time, and of course there were lots more to follow.

Paul Rodgers and Robert Plant.

I second the last three mentioned (never been a Beatles fan, so unfortunately not supporting the original post).

For my twopenneth:

Rob Halford - Judas Priest

Gary Stringer - Reef (maybe not everyone's cup o' tea, but he was part of the soundtrack to my youth, and I love the way he belts out Place your hands and Naked)

Tony Wright - Terrorvision (not so much a singer, but distinctive, wrote some great lyrics and a top geezer)

Ian Gillan - Deep Purple

And, of course, Freddie! In my opinion THE greatest vocalist in the world ever!!!

Brian Johnson and David Coverdale

Paul Rodgers and Robert Plant.

Yes I love Paul Rogers but Plant's voice goes right through me lol

---------- Post added 05-01-2016 at 10:31 ----------

I second the last three mentioned (never been a Beatles fan, so unfortunately not supporting the original post).

For my twopenneth:

Rob Halford - Judas Priest

Gary Stringer - Reef (maybe not everyone's cup o' tea, but he was part of the soundtrack to my youth, and I love the way he belts out Place your hands and Naked)

Tony Wright - Terrorvision (not so much a singer, but distinctive, wrote some great lyrics and a top geezer)

Ian Gillan - Deep Purple

And, of course, Freddie! In my opinion THE greatest vocalist in the world ever!!!

Who doesn't love Freddie, but he was so versatile,he could sing anything great. I picked Lennon for the gravel and grit type vocals that became the norm for rock singers later on. Plus as I said this little thread is all about our own personal faves.

Edited by TORONTONY

Snowy White plus David Coverdale

who wasn't British. He was from Zanzibar.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zanzibar

If he wasn't considered British, how come he finished 58th of 100 in a BBC poll of the greatest Britons of all time? Just saying, I know polls are just a fickle thing, but his entry was allowed by the Beeb,so he was considered British by them. Besides he would have been naturalised by the time he grew up anyway.:cool:

Edited by TORONTONY
TYPO

..he would have been naturalised by the time he grew up anyway.:cool:

Not really he didn't come to Live in England until he was 17 years old.

and besides what has the BBC got to do with anything. All they are is a bunch of nepotistic pervert protectors. who employ mates and the well connected that they like to pay six figure salaries to.

John Lennon and Freddie Mercury, very distinctive voices, as had Eric Burdon of The Animals and Noddy Holder

Edited by cressida