Mess left at Base Green after grass cutting

Just what I was thinking !

They could have swept it up in the time it took to pose and have their picture taken.

Some people have far too much time on their hands :rolleyes:

Apparently some of those people work for Sheffield Star... :hihi:

Anyone's grates/drains/gutters flood this morning?

Not mine, so far anyway. :thumbsup:

This sounds like the start of an ad for NEW UNBLOKO or something.

If they get flooded it will be bad luck for the rest of Sheffield because they live on one of the highest points in Sheffield.

Out here in S35 we get the exact same problem, made worse if it's cut when damp. When the mowers drive back to load up for the off, you don't need an aborigine tracker to follow them, just follow the grass tracks through the estate. It's not the guys who drive them at fault, no doubt they are doing as told to do by their gaffers.

Angel1.

Every few hours I start to doubt that I've really seen that photo, then I look at it again, and it is real isn't it? But by the morning I'll be doubting it again!

I really don't get the outrage on this thread . if OUR council pay a private company to do a job , why shouldn't people complain when the job is substandard . people saying cut it or sweep it up yourself , you yourself are paying for this . you would soon be complaining if your bins were not emptied and were told , empty them yourself , even though a private company are paid to do it

I really don't get the outrage on this thread . if OUR council pay a private company to do a job , why shouldn't people complain when the job is substandard . people saying cut it or sweep it up yourself , you yourself are paying for this . you would soon be complaining if your bins were not emptied and were told , empty them yourself , even though a private company are paid to do it

But bins are being emptied and it would cause a lot more grief if they were not at this time of year!

I personally am more worried about: The Manchester arena victims and their families. The Grenfell Tower victims and families. A bit of grass on the road??

Contract awarded.

Specifications given.

Substandard implementation.

No enforcement by officers.

Yet you think it is OK.

Was it OK in Kensington, too?

Obviously not .... the culture needs eradicating at all levels.

It's a bit of grass for goodness sake.

Yes, by all means complain to the council/amey who are normally quite good with complaints then get on with your life.

I would have put in the complaint then cleared it up.

It's a bit of grass for goodness sake.

Yes, by all means complain to the council/amey who are normally quite good with complaints then get on with your life.

I would have put in the complaint then cleared it up.

It is not just a bit of grass.

It is another example of the disregard contractors and officers have for their responsibilities.

Amey will respond to this locality and ignore the miles of grass-cutting debris elsewhere.

I agree that Star articles and glum-face photos just invite ridicule, but the principle is not wrong.