Selling vehicle to a traveller

I can't honestly say I have sold a car to a traveller, but I have had an issue with a car I had sold. I got a letter from the police saying they were aware I had sold the vehicle, but that it had been subsequently involved in an 'incident' and they were formally requesting details of who I had sold it to.

I think as long as you notify DVLA and keep the confirmation of change of ownership, that should be as much as you'd ever be liable for.

Just let him put his name and address in the V5C document and sign it.It is not your responsibility to check whether or not this is false.Photostat the doc before you send it in to Swansea.

The change of ownership document could be sent to the DVLA by registered mail, as they have to sign for it you have proof it was received by them.

Was it a Subaru estate? If so I probably know the guy who bought it, he is a really sound guy, you don't need to worry.

Was it a Subaru estate? If so I probably know the guy who bought it, he is a really sound guy, you don't need to worry.

No it's not a subaru ,anyway he's not been back