Chesterfield sofa in Sheffield

Does anyone know where is best to look for a Chesterfield sofa in Sheffield or the near surrounding areas?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Take a drive and go here (40mins?). Well worth the time and effort to get a good quality sofa.

Watch them making them right in front of you, get it customised to your exact spec, and all for a very reasonable price. I would definitely go back and recommend to friends:

https://www.sofasbysaxon.com/

Reviews:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.sofasbysaxon.com

Edited by manc80

theres a sofa place on queens road called they had some leather ones its not easy to find one though,i got a great cash deal on mine in green,but that was 12 years ago,still same now as when I bought it although shop closed in wicker floods.

You could always do something really wacky and look for a Chesterfield sofa in Chesterfield I guess?

I'm sure Eyre's will have them.

http://www.eyres-furniture.com/

FYI - The store is right in the centre of Chesterfield, you can park bang opposite on the 'donut' roundabout car park.

It's a bit of an "old-fashioned" shop tbh. But I have bought some furniture from there before and saved a hell of a lot of money. To give an example, we saw a Duresta suite in Ponsford's in Sheffield and were bowled over by it.

Ponsford's "reduced" price for the 3 seater settee was about £3,500. I'm going back a good few years now too. We wanted a 3 seater settee and 2 armchairs, so the total price from Ponsford's would have been over £7000. We decided, as much as we loved it, we couldn't afford to spend that.

A few weeks later we were looking in Eyre's in Chesterfield and noticed that they also stocked Duresta. We asked if they could get the regency striped model we'd seen in Ponsford's. They said they could and we asked them to give us a price. They quoted us a good 20% less than Ponsford's "sale" price so we ordered from them.

Everything was spot on - and the customer service was excellent too.

It's some years ago now as I've said, but I'd definitely look around first but give them a chance to supply again if we needed a new suite.

I should just add, to be fair to Ponsford's, that Ponsford's do have some very nice furniture, the likes of which you will not find in shops like Eyre's or even John Lewis. But - they are very pricey and I think you need to know what you are buying and check out what you can get it for elsewhere (if you can find it elsewhere) in order to get a good deal out of them. We bought a lovely Italian leather corner suite from Ponsford's about 8 years ago now. We couldn't find another supplier of the same suite - so we bit the bullet and paid Ponsford's prices. We are delighted with it - still looks new after all this time. So, Ponsford's is worth a look for sure - but just watch them on price because they tend to be very expensive and their "sale" items are not always the bargain they seem.