Memories of The Stonehouse Pub

loved the place saw the stars every time i went in there used to go in on a friday night before we girls went hitting the night clubs what great memories thanks

Great memories of the Stone House in the early 70`s when we were first married. I remember Bob Hodder and Dave Norton, the doormen. There were also two girls who we knew quite well, one of whom was called Agnes. Who remembers the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards coming for the evening at the invitation of Vic the landlord. They were at the military display in Norfolk Park. One of the pipers played to us from the balcony above the bar.

Used to tnke my then gf in the stonehouse for food & drink was first class.:cool:

it was great going in there for the first time it was a great idea making it look like a night time scene with the stars twinkling

On ' Star's website their is a article about the Stonehouse pub along with a video showing the inside possibly late 1980s or early 90s it's wobbly but not too bad.

The video shows the bar and main trading area with customers just chilling out I only went in once so don't remember it much of it.

I remember stonehouse in the 90s it was the main place to meet up in it use to be heaving every Thursday,fri and Saturday

What has happend to the old haunts in the town. In the centre on Friday AND saturday nights in the late 60,s and early 70,s it was the StoneHouse, Dove and Rainbow,Mucky Duck and the Nelson before moving on to the Heartbeat on Queens Road.

During the week it was either the Old Arrow or the Olive Grove, and as we then had our own transport it was either Fox House or the Granby at Bamford, not forgeting the Fleur De Leys.

Who can remember

I took my fiance in the Stone House, she thought it was magical. I also went to the Olive Grove and the Fleur De Leys, my cousin was the disc jockey at both places. When I went out with my mates it was the Old Blue Bell, Dove and Rainbow and the Golden Ball And back into town. The choice of pubs was unbelievable, always packed Friday and Saturday, what has happened? No one goes out anymore.

I took my fiance in the Stone House, she thought it was magical. I also went to the Olive Grove and the Fleur De Leys, my cousin was the disc jockey at both places. When I went out with my mates it was the Old Blue Bell, Dove and Rainbow and the Golden Ball And back into town. The choice of pubs was unbelievable, always packed Friday and Saturday, what has happened? No one goes out anymore.

See you live in Chesterfield , well my nephew's pub is still doing well according to his dad. It's the Royal Oak in the Shambles / market area. I see you had a similar route to me when in downtown Sheffield. After the Blue Bell we would go to the Stone House and then West Street. When did the Stone House close by the way? In earlier days we would come in at Pond St. and work our way up to Fitzalan Square when they used to be 4 pubs there, and then the Dove and the Bell etc etc Only drank halves though lol

Yes owd lad Jim Mcevit was the manager at that time he moved from the Fellbrig to the Stone house prior to that he had the Manor Castle.

Great bloke and a good dart player.

See you live in Chesterfield , well my nephew's pub is still doing well according to his dad. It's the Royal Oak in the Shambles / market area. I see you had a similar route to me when in downtown Sheffield. After the Blue Bell we would go to the Stone House and then West Street. When did the Stone House close by the way? In earlier days we would come in at Pond St. and work our way up to Fitzalan Square when they used to be 4 pubs there, and then the Dove and the Bell etc etc Only drank halves though lol

Hi there, I married in1973 and moved to my wife,s house in Chesterfield, I usually drink at the Victoria Club, Whittington Moor, cheap beer and rock groups, acts every week. I forgot to mentioned the Claymore and the Mulberry Tavern. We also went in the Buccaneer, awful beer, across the road to the Three Tunns, great Magnet ales, down to the Wapentake, Nelson dive bar and down to the bottom of the Moor, Hermitage, bad pint of Wards, bottom of Cemetery Road, Royal Oak used to finish up in Tiffany's some nights. Although I have lived in Chesterfield for ages they still call me a dee da. I still get over to Woodseats to see my brothers, even the Woodseats Hotel is now an Indian restaurant, bad news. I believe the Royal Oak in the Shambles has recently reopened, I hope he makes a success of it, one of the oldest pubs around, cheers.

Ho Billam what I would do now for a pint of wards especially in the Brown Cow bottom of Corporation St when Harry and Ivy Saul owned it