Crookes/Crosspool/Walkley/Ranmoor

Are all on the same hill between the River Rivelin and the Porter brook.

Having lived and worked in quite a few areas of England and S Wales, I would suggest that that hill offers some of the finest residential areas in the whole country.

There seems to be a bit of everything for everyone on offer there, whatever stage of life you are at - From students to surgeons it is such a diverse area.

Maybe I have missed something, but to me its seems close to ideal - Am I wrong?

Having lived and worked in quite a few areas of England and S Wales, I would suggest that that hill offers some of the finest residential areas in the whole country.

There seems to be a bit of everything for everyone on offer there, whatever stage of life you are at - From students to surgeons it is such a diverse area.

No you aren't wrong. Also they are the top investment areas for buying property to rent.

Well, yes but it covers a big area and the hill is very steep so the individual places are more separate than they might appear on a map, or relative to a similar area in a flatter city (like Nottm or Manchester). So in reality it's not a cohesive whole where each bit of the hill feels connected to the other bits. For example if you live near the foot of the hill you need a good reason to walk up to South Road, or on up to Crookes as it takes far too much effort. The 52 bus connects the areas now, but for a long time it didn't. What about the bottom of the hill down to Infirmary Rd?

If you define it as the S10 bit of the hill then that area makes more sense as what you are referring to, but it's not the whole thing, so the 'hill as place' idea doesn't work.

Edited by Bilge

Quite a diversity of areas and price ranges there. I used to live in Ranmoor, lovely area, some nice shops, restaurants and pubs. Great bus service into town, and a nice walk to Broomhill, which I also like.