Modern Football .. Pah!

Not sure about 20 maybe 30 though :(

I'm 52 and enjoy watching a match to de-stress,to get away from the grind of life.

Do not follow any team,just enjoy watching a good game preferably between two relatively even teams.

Watching one of the big six play one of the other teams,I find pretty boring.

The last Euro Championships was particularly bad.

Iceland and a few others were simply not interested in playing attacking football.

Pulis,Mourinho and similar defensive managers have a lot to answer for.

Guardiola is a breath of fresh air. His player selections and defending from the front in numbers make Man.City games good to watch.

All the cash they get paid and we have no team in the champions league semi and one in the 2nd division of the champions league.

Edited by nikki-red
fixed the quote

English teams should be dominating Europe with their financial might!

There will come a time if it's not already here,where the likes of Stoke,WBA etc are top 15 or 20 clubs in Europe financially.

The top 10 in Europe financially in a few years can potentially all be English - such is the money flowing in to the English game.

Stoke bigger than Barcelona? - don't think it can't happen.

Pulis and Mourinho are killjoy managers.

Rooney was awfully yesterday and the media says not good enough for the premier league now so off he will go to China with a massive pay rise.

When you know the PL is out of control:

Meanwhile West Brom have turned down a £10m bid from the Foxes for defender Jonny Evans.:hihi:

When you know the PL is out of control:

Meanwhile West Brom have turned down a £10m bid from the Foxes for defender Jonny Evans.:hihi:

And Lee Dixon says the 31 million Man Utd bid is not a lot of money.

There's one factor not only spoiling but destroying modern football and thats Murdoch's Sky TV, they have no interest in the clubs, the fans or the national team. They just want a circus that they can sell to the highest bidder. A cancer on the game.

this thread reminds me of a headline i read a couple or three months ago:

"everton threaten ross barkley ... sign 100k a week contract or else!"

barkley must have been shaking in his boots being threatened like that ... and this a player most pundits reckon hasn't developed the way he ought over the past couple of years.

i don't think i've watched a pl match since.

this thread reminds me of a headline i read a couple or three months ago:

"everton threaten ross barkley ... sign 100k a week contract or else!"

barkley must have been shaking in his boots being threatened like that ... and this a player most pundits reckon hasn't developed the way he ought over the past couple of years.

i don't think i've watched a pl match since.

It seems to be rare these days that any young English player develops much after initial promise, the multi-millionaire lifestyle before they've achieved anything won't help.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40648924

Arnautovic for 20 million plus.:hihi:

Hughes must be laughing his head off,now he can go and buy some more rubbish that he usually buys,it just gets better and better,love the comments in the article.

Edited by chalga

Andrew Robertson for 10 million is a bargain for Liverpool.

Superb left back!

Great touch,fast and a really good final pass.

Defensively he's not the best though.

If both deals go through Everton will have paid nigh on £100m for Sigurdsson and Kyle Walker - absolutely ridiculous money, if it wasn't for my support of one of our local sides I throw the towel in with the whole thing.

If both deals go through Everton will have paid nigh on £100m for Sigurdsson and Kyle Walker - absolutely ridiculous money, if it wasn't for my support of one of our local sides I throw the towel in with the whole thing.

I think Walker's gone to City.