This is England being advertised on Ch4

Ive seen a few snippets now on this on channel 4, not be long before we see our city in all its glory, starts September i believe and most of its based in Sheffield.

can`t wait.:)

i love watching filmed made in the city, im always annoying the mrs saying look look, i drank in that pub or i put litter in that bin :)

It's a good film, can't say I recognized it as sheffield though. Dead man's shoes is better though IMO.

It's a good film, can't say I recognized it as sheffield though. Dead man's shoes is better though IMO.

They have made a spin off from the film, they used Sheffield and its surroundings.

They filmed heavily in Meersbrook, Woodeats and Lowedges. Saw them filming around them areas

First Four Lions, the Top Gear now This is England 86(?)

They were in Gleadless for about a month, apparently thats where most of it is based as they have used the "pigeon hut" houses to film in.

My m8 even got a few quid for letting them use his flat.

They were in Gleadless for about a month, apparently thats where most of it is based as they have used the "pigeon hut" houses to film in.

That's oreyt int it!

Anywhere with a WF Base sign (or something similar) is where they have been filming

They have made a spin off from the film, they used Sheffield and its surroundings.

I saw the film. Is the spin off about football thugs aswell?

I saw the film. Is the spin off about football thugs aswell?

Oops! I thing I might be talking about the wrong film! There was a season of films on BT Vision last year. I thing I might have got them a bit muddled up.

I watched one with a young black lad that ended up being the leader of a football gang. Is it this one?

ye they have been filming it up stannington i have seen all the characters

my cousin lives up there and apaprently they were looking for someone with an advocado bathroom suite, to recreate that 80's feel. i wish i still had mine!!