Old films that you can't remember the title of.

I'm thinking of a film from around late 80's early 90's. Set in America with a group of kids on BMX's trying to save a burger joint/ doughnut bar (can't remember) from being bull dozed. They do manage to save it at the last second. Not sure if it's something to do with them meeting at this place to celebrate after a baseball match or something.

Not sure if the following is from the same film or if i'm mixing it with another but I seem to remember one kid had a white motorbike that his mother made him keep in a garage for some reason. The kid used to watch the bike through his bedroom window.

All very vague I know but any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks.

I have not a clue with that one sorry!

here is mine.....

The title has one word, I think there are some repeated letters maybe between 5 and 7 letters in the total word. Maybe with the letters T, B, and A in there somewhere???

The VHS copy I saw about ten years ago had a cream/light brown background on the cover with the title at the top centre and a picture under this.

To me I always remember it as the film that never really starts, it just links from one thing to the next as if the silent bit at the intro of 100 films were seamed together.

Little bits include a push bike wheel close up, a market place with someone walking through it, a riverside with lush green trees and dusty road, a lady carring something on her head.

I would love to watch it again if anyone can help!!!! Cheers :)

I'm thinking of a film from around late 80's early 90's. Set in America with a group of kids on BMX's trying to save a burger joint/ doughnut bar (can't remember) from being bull dozed. They do manage to save it at the last second. Not sure if it's something to do with them meeting at this place to celebrate after a baseball match or something.
Could it be BMX Bandits? A very early appearence for Nicole Kidman in that

Mine is a film with Christopher Reeve and Jane Seamore, where a writer becomes obsessed with a stage actress from back in the 1900's. He finds a way to travel back in time to meet her.

I remember it being a really beautiful film and i would love to see it again.

Mine is a film with Christopher Reeve and Jane Seamore, where a writer becomes obsessed with a stage actress from back in the 1900's. He finds a way to travel back in time to meet her.

I remember it being a really beautiful film and i would love to see it again.

That one is easy.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081534/

(first result when you type "Christopher Reeve Jane Seymore" into Google)

I've been asking this for years and no one ever gets it.

BBC2 ran an Australian film season in the early 80's, one of the films involved a man who murdered his flatmate/housemate and then pretended he was still alive by taking him out in a wheelchair etc.

I have another one.

This is an American film about 3 or 4 marathon runners who set off on a race across the desert, but find themselves being stalked and killed by men on motor bikes

Oh yeah. I have got 'Somewhere in Time' on DVD. It is a beautiful film!!!!!!!

I have another one.

This is an American film about 3 or 4 marathon runners who set off on a race across the desert, but find themselves being stalked and killed by men on motor bikes

Easy that one - Courage

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087092/

Mine from the 70s.

A bloke and his wife divorce and she leaves him with their boy, who it turns out has lukaemia (sp?) and is dying.

Wife finds out and tries to get custody of the lad and the movie is basically about that.

The last scene of the movie is the father takes the dying kid to a fairground and asks the owner of the... the roundabout thing with the horses that go up and down... forget what theyre called... to clear it and let him and his son use it.

The last bit is of the lad dead on his fathers lap as the horsey thing goes around and around, he always loved that horsey thing and his last wish was to ride it.

ITS SO SAD!!! SO DAMN SAD!!!! :sad:

Ive been trying to remember its name for years because I want my OH to watch it because she loves stuff like that and if she realises that I actually paid good money to watch that crap in the 70s then she`ll realise that Im in fact a sweet, soft hearted little angel and I might get nookie!