Jonathan Ross leaving the BBC

Jonathan Ross is leaving the BBC after 13 years. He says he has not renegotiated his contract and will not be renewing it.He said the decission to leave is not a financial one.

I like the Ross show. I wonder what the BEEB will put on in place of the Friday night chat show?

He hasn't been the same since 'outraged from Tunbridge Wells' forced the BBC to clip his wings after being told to be outraged by the Daily Mail.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him head for the States.

He hasn't been the same since 'outraged from Tunbridge Wells' forced the BBC to clip his wings after being told to be outraged by the Daily Mail.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him head for the States.

lets hope its a one way ticket then, and if he does, can he take russell brand with him i don't find either of them funny at all

I listen to Radio5 on and off all day but I've given up listening today. everytime I turn it on, they're talking about Rossy.....I couldn't give a damn about which millionaire is going to be on the BBC. All I know is that the irresponsible BBC use MY licence fee to pay for them!

I don't watch the tele. Catch him on the radio now and again. No loss to me.

Excellent.

Might get a proper film critic for Film 10 (or whatever it's called these days). Mark Kermode should talk to his agent.

Excellent.

Might get a proper film critic for Film 10 (or whatever it's called these days). Mark Kermode should talk to his agent.

I think he's already been lined up to replace Ross :)

Kermode's knowledge of films is no better than Ross's. And his taste is a tad worse.

Kim Newman is the only British critic left who has any International credibility and he would be my pick.

Kermode's knowledge of films is no better than Ross's. And his taste is a tad worse...

Wrong and wrong (though taste, of course, is irrelevant).

But I'll agree to differ.

Intriguing. Thought he might be tied up with The Culture Show, though I'm sure he'd be able to shoehorn it in.