Ultravox

Is anyone going to see the reformed Ultravox at the city hall tonight.

i will with my brother his wife and some friends,looking forward to it

Enjoyed the gig tonight, good selection of songs well played and sang.

It was good to see them look as though they enjoyed it as well.

Glad to hear that. I was at the opening show in Edinburgh, but as much as i enjoyed it, i (and all of my mates) left feeling a bit deflated :( There just didnt seem to be much *ooomph* to it, and there was no real stage presense. I'm no critic, i love Ultravox and i enjoyed it, but it was a bit of a letdown after all the excitement of the build up. I'm still glad that i got a chance to see them live though :)

We had hoped that as the tour went on it would get better. Now i kinda wish i was seeing them again a bit later on.

Agree to a minor extent Pauline.

Visions in Blue and Vienna did lack that little bit of something (ooomph).

As for stage prescence I think that is a thing all synth based acts suffer from.

Still a good gig though and most of the set delivered.

From Vienna onwards i loved it :) I didn't know all of the songs before, enjoyed them though, but there was just something amiss...

I'm just glad I wasn't the youngest one there! =D Never thought that with me being born so late in the 80's that I'd never get to see an 80's band live. =D

Was great to finally see them live, Mr X was superb.

To us synth-pop purists, the real Ultravox was fronted by John Foxx, who left after the first 3 albums and, while never achieving major commercial success, came up with far more varied and imaginative music than Midge Ure-era Ultravox ever did. He's still doing so today - even into his 60s!

http://www.myspace.com/foxxmetamatic

Hence I wasn't too interested in the Ure-fronted band's reunion tour, though I gather they did play all the hits and a good time was had by all. There's a Sheffield Telegraph feature complete with photos on the link below.

http://www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk/news2/Ultravox-have-us-dancing-with.5175572.jp

To us synth-pop purists, the real Ultravox was fronted by John Foxx, who left after the first 3 albums and, while never achieving major commercial success, came up with far more varied and

imaginative music than Midge Ure-era Ultravox ever did.

John Foxx led Ultravox into a great mix of punk and synth pop, culminating in the brilliant Systems of Romance album. The line-up on this LP I believe to be the best, showcasing Robin Simon`s excellent guitar playing.

Does anyone remember the tracks they played on Wednesday night? Not necessarily the order in which they were played (though that would be awesome!)

Ta!

I'm guessing not =D But they're back in Sheffield again in August at the o2 Arena :D