How To Get A Council House - TV show

Just watched a program on Channel 4 about Hounslow housing office in london.

I have to say that if i was having any slight doubts on voting leave on Brexit then this program has made me more determined than ever to make sure we stop the free movement of people.

A romanian couple with 5 kids walked off the plane and into the council office an demanded somewhere to live.

No home, no money, no job, no schools....they had nothing.

2 weeks later they were given a 4 bedroom house all paid for by housing benefit.

This sort of thing infuriates me. :rant:

People say that these people contribute to society with taxes but they will never be able to pay back the money that will be needed to support them and their 5 kids.

Bring on Brexit. Stop free movement low skilled workers and free loaders.

Edited by SkylinePhoto

A romanian couple with 5 kids walked off the plane and into the council office an demanded somewhere to live.

No home, no money, no job, no schools....they had nothing.

Was it in Sheffield?

Did they get a nice house?

Yet there's more evidence they say to suggest that very few Romanians claim benefits.

What infuriates me is the very often one sided views that are shown to us. How many got off the same flight and returned to work here in the UK the next day?

Yet there's more evidence they say to suggest that very few Romanians claim benefits.

What infuriates me is the very often one sided views that are shown to us. How many got off the same flight and returned to work here in the UK the next day?

not many i bet, they may work but i bet they dont declare and pay tax!

I've noticed that folk 'bet' a lot on SF ;)

Examining figures from the Government the National Housing Federation commented that

Of all housing association lettings, more than 9 out of 10 (91%) went to UK nationals, 5% to Accession nationals (nationals from countries that joined the EU between 2004 and 2007) and 4% to other (European or non-European nationals).

http://www.housing.org.uk/blog/how-much-is-immigration-to-blame-for-the-housing-crisis-in-england/

I'm not saying the cases that the OP identified don't exist, but they should be seen in a wider context to get some perspective.

I've noticed that folk 'bet' a lot on SF ;)

Yeah, didn't know Penistone999 was Romanian

Examining figures from the Government the National Housing Federation commented that

Of all housing association lettings, more than 9 out of 10 (91%) went to UK nationals, 5% to Accession nationals (nationals from countries that joined the EU between 2004 and 2007) and 4% to other (European or non-European nationals).

I guess even a small percentage would amount to millions in subsidies, if you take that over the whole country.

Just 1,000 immigrants getting social housing would amount to £30 million in right to buy discounts, if they stayed for 3 years. But who wouldn't?

What other country could you go to, and you could be given £30,000?

You bet? You mean you know nothing and are just making a bigoted comment :rolleyes:

Are economic migrants likely to get council houses? I can understand refugees getting one, but when the criteria for getting a council house (in Sheffield at least) is now so strict I assume that an economic migrant wouldn't be eligible for one for about 20 years.

Are economic migrants likely to get council houses? I can understand refugees getting one, but when the criteria for getting a council house (in Sheffield at least) is now so strict I assume that an economic migrant wouldn't be eligible for one for about 20 years.

Not necessarily a council house but if they turn up homeless with kids isn't the council obliged to house them somewhere?

You bet? You mean you know nothing and are just making a bigoted comment :rolleyes:

continue living with your liberal denial:roll: on the scale of probabilities which why i said "i bet" not 100% but a vast majority, thats why they get the council house in the first place:roll: