Heeley Festival and The Big Boulder Fest 2017

I have heard that due to funding issues Heeley Festival is sadly not happening this year, instead the farm are doing a summer fair which will be on a much smaller scale.

I also cannot find anything regarding The Big Boulder Festival but they suggested last year that they had raised a lot to put towards 'next year's festival'?

What a shame, I am sure if funding was an issue the community would put together as they do for Sharrow and Peace in the Park.

Any Info would be appreciated. :)

I heard sadly although the festival on the park side made a good profit they were no longer doing it due staff shortage,but the farm have increased there side of the event and invested more money than usual and hope to win a bid that's if passed is split 3 ways between the farm,sharrow and lowedges,i am quite surprised as we have doubled our expenditure at lowedges so theres still money for festivals out there,its a pity as the heeley festival is or was a great tradition on both sides of the road,but at least heeley will still have a festival and will have some great bands until 8pm and sharrow will have a big event with music also and lowedges have got the same marqee as peace in the park for there reggae on the beach area,so alls not lost.

Hello,

I work at heeley city farm and can confirm that the festival is going ahead as usual for us....well we're hoping that its going to be bigger and better that ever.

We've got lots of new stalls, food vendors, 2 stages, entertainment for kids, local produce and our own beer brewed especially for us.

Check out our website for further details.

Cheers

HCF

is the big boulder festival taking place as its a great very busy event this year,suprised theres no mention as it attracts several thousand visitors each year,but shocked that after all these years of making a profit they have decided not to join in with everyone else church ect in having stalls ect on the peoples park.

Hello,

How big is this event and do the evnt organisers have first aid cover for the event?

I am a small first aid cover business in Sheffield and am currently looking for small events to cover to help generate income.

It would be approx £100-£150 a day.

If someone from the event can email eventmedical01@gmail.com to discuss this that would be great.

Kieran

Event Medical Services Director

re events the heeley festival is run by heather sawrey to contact her email

heather.sawrey@sky.com and she will answer your question,it sounds a sensible price

the trouble is most festivals /galas book well in advance ,but good luck ,do you do a bigger event like lowedges,i would expect it to be more thanks.