Engelbert Humperdinck

Can anyone help me find the dates that Engelbert Humperdinck performed in Sheffield between 1967 and 1970?

He had a number of friends in Sheffield who he visited regularly but I am attempting to date visits made to one particular friend of his, who lived on Brimmesfield Drive at Norfolk Park at that time.

Can anyone help me find the dates that Engelbert Humperdinck performed in Sheffield between 1967 and 1970?

He had a number of friends in Sheffield who he visited regularly but I am attempting to date visits made to one particular friend of his, who lived on Brimmesfield Drive at Norfolk Park at that time.

My sister lived near your friend on Brimsfield Drive and she was chuffed to death when on one visit Engelbert borrowed my sisters hairdryer. Sadly my sister has died so I can't really help you with any dates.

I'm told he had no airs and graces about him and even though he arrived in a chauffer driven mark 10 Jaguar he was very down to earth and very much at home in the surroundings.

I heard he lived at Page Hall for a time in the 60s when he was known as Gerry Dorsey.

I bet he wouldn't even visit it now

I heard he lived at Page Hall for a time in the 60s when he was known as Gerry Dorsey.

I bet he wouldn't even visit it now

I have yet to confirm it, but I have been told he visited Page Hall a couple of years ago along with other areas of the city with which he had connections in the past.

I have yet to confirm it, but I have been told he visited Page Hall a couple of years ago along with other areas of the city with which he had connections in the past.

That really confirms what I said that he did live there for a while.

I would love to hear his views on the area now....

On 05/05/2017 at 03:55, Person6 said:

I heard that Engelbert Humberdinck  appeard at a bingo in Sheffield I think in the 1960's