Live Aid-25 years ago

it meant a huge amount to me. I stopped at my friend jo's house for the night, loads of us went round, we had a big sleepover and we watched. i remember begging my stepdad to record the style council for me, not knowing that actually he realised it was a big deal and recorded most of it for me, which i've still got including the bits not on the dvd... style council isnt on...

I've just posted my 25 iconic moments to my facebook... but for those who aren't my friend on there check out view to a kill duran duran around 2:52 moment :hihi:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mINh8ZOWSLwRadio, Radio gaga for a performance and He did say ***k the address, send us your &&&&ing money.

Fell asleep before the American end it was on sooo late and we had a powercut... zzz.

The moment that stuck with me wasn't even a live performance...

apparently Bowie dropped a number so it could be shown... the girl towards the very end at 3:48 was on Live 8 as proof that the money did some good.

There is a documentary on tonight, i noticed.

Live Aid: Against All Odds

Tuesday 13 July

10:00pm - 11:30pm

BBC4

Documentary which traces the story of Live Aid from its humble beginnings, a pop tune cobbled together in the back seat of a taxi, to the eve of the biggest televised event ever staged on both sides of the Atlantic. Bob Geldof, Elton John, Queen, Paul McCartney, David Bowie, U2 and others recall how they put together the biggest event in pop history to save the lives of the starving millions in Africa.

Were him and Paula an item at the time?

Bob Geldof and Paula Yates had been a couple since 1976, but did not marry until a year after Live Aid.

I can still remember Geldof's rant like it was yesterday, which put me off donating anything.