Does anyone know anything about salaried income and rolling over hours

my company follow the working time directive rules! which carry over hours each month when you have worked over 48 hours, these are rolled over each month ?? but company says they can keep rolling them over.. i am on a set wage every month no matter how many hours i do.. so when do i actually get these hours back? ... confused, whats the point in carrying them over.. is their rules to this? be grateful for any advice, got me working all hours ! cheers

hi

you cant work more than 48 hrs in a week for 17 weeks (average) this is the law - I have never heard of carrying hours over - I have only ever been given a day off for working a day ie lieu day

Thankyou for your reply, no work for a company that keep rolling over the hours worked over 48, we all have hours thats been carried over for a year now, the company says they can roll over for an additional 17 weeks. Not one of us has received any time or extra pay for this, as we are salaried.

The working time directive says nothing about hours being paid or allow back in a flexi arrangement, it just limits the maximum hours that you can work over a period.

If you don't have a formal arrangement in place for your overtime, then stop doing it.

Their is a formal arrangement in place, hours owed get carried over, and over and over. We were all told to opt-out of the working time directive. My question was " Are employers allowed to carry them over the 17 weeks" without giving any hours back within that 17 week period.

Their is a formal arrangement in place, hours owed get carried over, and over and over. We were all told to opt-out of the working time directive. My question was " Are employers allowed to carry them over the 17 weeks" without giving any hours back within that 17 week period.

We had a annualised hours agreement with a fixed monthly wage, if they role over presumably they are to be “paid” at some point, how can they role over from one financial year to the next, surely the “books” should balance at the end of the year.

Thats what i thought, not quite sure what they are playing at! i did ask, they replied " they can be rolled over for another 17 weeks!... confused?? so are we. Moral at work is very low at the minute.. working up to 60 hours on a salary based on 48!. But cos of job situation at min no one speaking up!

The WTD does not allow for any rolling over, it's quite clear, average number of hours over 17 weeks not to exceed 48.

If you have opted out then it no longer applies.

Time given back (in lieu) or payment of overtime is nothing to do with the WTD.