Manchester Arena explosion 22/05/2017

I couldn't believe my ears when I heard the news, I was in denial, children being bombed at a concert? I feel guilty for being ok when families are now grieving, at bedsides or comforting their young ones. Bless all those affected x

Named him,born in Manchester of Lybian parents.

In the sense of stopping people from getting more angry, and trying to burn down mosques or beat up innocent taxi drivers, then I think suppression of anger is a necessity - in the short term.

just seen the news and the chief constable was speaking, sadly he had to warn people against hate crimes against certain members of the community :( plays right into the terrorists hands and a sad indictment of our society

just seen the news and the chief constable was speaking, sadly he had to warn people against hate crimes against certain members of the community :(plays right into the terrorists hands and a sad indictment of our society

I think that's entirely the point of the terrorist attacks

I think that's entirely the point of the terrorist attacks

yup

A sign of humanity in the midst of inhumanity

Over £3,000 raised for homeless man who helped victims

Posted at

17:41

A fundraising page for a homeless man who was in the foyer of the Manchester Arena when the bomb was detonated has raised over £3,000.

The page was set up by Michael Johns, who said he wanted to help Chris Parker "one of our most vulnerable in society who showed great selflessness and courage" as he helped those affected.

a true hero

Beyond evil .

Guest sibon
Beyond evil .

I've not posted anything on here yet, because I'm lost for words.

I can't conceive of the type of person who would blow up a kids concert.

Just appalling.

seems he was known to the authorities if this report is correct :- http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ariana-grande-concert-manchester-arena-bombing-suspect-salman-abedi-isis-claim/

was it another intelligence failure?

Highly likely, but this will always happen, it is physically impossible to conduct 24/7 surveillance on every person of interest to the security forces. On the radio this morning they were saying that the report into the 7/7 bombings found they would need 200,000 security officers to do this. We simply don't have the resources for that. The security forces are doing an extremely difficult job, failures are devastating in their consequences and success rarely known.

By and large they do a great job with limited resources at stopping the majority of these incidents.

No comfort to the victims, but it's the reality.

Highly likely, but this will always happen, it is physically impossible to conduct 24/7 surveillance on every person of interest to the security forces. On the radio this morning they were saying that the report into the 7/7 bombings found they would need 200,000 security officers to do this. We simply don't have the resources for that. The security forces are doing an extremely difficult job, failures are devastating in their consequences and success rarely known.

By and large they do a great job with limited resources at stopping the majority of these incidents.

No comfort to the victims, but it's the reality.

it also shows that IS also claim resonsibility, even if its not technically one of their attacks, they got details of the attack wrong, they use all the attacks as propaganda, even if theres only tenous links

---------- Post added 23-05-2017 at 18:59 ----------

sigh, the conspiracy theorists didnt take long to attach themselves to it :(

WARNING - dont watch unless you want to get really annoyed and draw a sharp intake of breath

it also shows that IS also claim resonsibility, even if its not technically one of their attacks, they got details of the attack wrong, they use all the attacks as propaganda, even if theres only tenous links
.......correct! this person may have nothing to do with "head office"..........it could be that he was upset by the artists sexually explicit videos on Utube and the fact that she's American!

Totally lost for words,targeting children is a step way too far,i am angry and upset,the lets all get together and pray is not going to work for me i am afraid,i am a non believer i am just angry.I have no love anymore.:sad:

The UK terror threat level has just been raised to 'critical', the highest it can be.

What a horrible world we're living in.