The original Ponderosa crowd in 60's

Do we have anyone who played on the Original Ponderosa in the 60's playing football both opposite the infirmary or on Red hill up to the factory gable end?

I once played football on there. Just the once!

I was visiting a cousin who lived in a new maisonette and I can remember two lads, who I didn't knock around with, but who were at my school playing- Chris Riley and Pete Sweeney. Chris was not an enthusiastic player. The game was interrupted by someone's dad turning up to "sort someone out" I think his surname was Wade. This would have been about 1965 ish

My mate Pete Ellis who went on to play at a good standard and who I believe still holds the Yorkshire league most goals in a season always told me he broke his toe once by kicking the ring that used to hold the wartime barrage balloons down on the Ponderosa ,think he`d have been around in the early 60`s

Remember a lad called kieron playing and I know that he was living on Retford Rd at Orgreave in the late 70's and I saw him as I was backwatds and forward to Sheffield. Don't know if he is still there?

My mate Pete Ellis who went on to play at a good standard and who I believe still holds the Yorkshire league most goals in a season always told me he broke his toe once by kicking the ring that used to hold the wartime barrage balloons down on the Ponderosa ,think he`d have been around in the early 60`s

If that's the same Pete Ellis, he was an electrician with the Sheffield City Engineers and a neighbour of a mate of mine (Pete Mabson). Pete Ellis had trials with Blackpool FC.

If that's the same Pete Ellis, he was an electrician with the Sheffield City Engineers and a neighbour of a mate of mine (Pete Mabson). Pete Ellis had trials with Blackpool FC.

Yes that's Pete we worked together , only see him these days at funerals of ex colleagues but he's in good health himself

I lived on Kelvin Flats early 70s and played football for Halfpenny pub we use to train on Ponderosa anybody out there did same?

Anyone remember a tall engineer John Hemingway

---------- Post added 20-06-2018 at 09:04 ----------

Would have been early 1960's