Tory Manifesto on Social Care.

When was this? I thought it was on BBC1 tonight? Have I missed it?

('The Andrew Neil Interviews' every night this week BBC1 7.0pm. Theresa May Monday, Jeremy Corbyn Friday.)

Press conference in Wrexham

Press conference in Wrexham

Ah, thankyou.

Tonight's interview should be interesting...

It was a bold decision (but wrong) and she bottled it. "Its Ok electorate, we were wrong about social care costing billions. lets leave it yeah?"

And the can is kicked further down the road.

It will cost billions as will the NHS,and we cannot continue to shy away from it.But this was an ill thought out scheme which has backfired.

The current working generation has always had to pay for the care of the older generation.

Let all parties agree that this can only be achieved via National Insurance(which was to be frozen under Cameron)and let the wealthier pay their fair share from their privileged position.

We need to narrow the wealth gap which has reached ridiculous proportions.

May has done a U turn yet again . She is dropping the so called ' Dementia Tax' after seeing her lead fall in polls. I'm going to call her U-turn May how would she cope with Brexit talks they will never know how to take her. Yes we'll no situation.

May has done a U turn yet again . She is dropping the so called ' Dementia Tax' after seeing her lead fall in polls. I'm going to call her U-turn May how would she cope with Brexit talks they will never know how to take her. Yes we'll no situation.

A strong and stable U-turn is still STRONG AND STABLE DARNIT! :hihi:

Ironic that a campaign based on character assassination is feeding the opportunity for the opposition to assassinate the character. Let's hope it swings enough to put real choices on the table.

She can always u-turn back the other way. She is untrustworthy.

The problem she'll have now is having sweetened the deal with the City to allow no cap she now has to go and tell them there will be a cap and they can't steal loads of houses after all.

This will come back on some pretext

Andrew Neil is struggling to get a straight answer from Mrs May,but she is "very clear" that things remain as stated in the manifesto.

No U turn!

Could it be a screeching ,rubber burning hand brake turn?

Edited by RJRB

My own thoughts re the issue is that the Dilnot findings on Social Care could possibly lay the foundations for a consensus between the parties....I hope that the Tories come round to the idea.

---------- Post added 22-05-2017 at 22:41 ----------

Strong and Stable leadership my arse ;)

I knew that catchphrase would come back and bite her on the arse. Wonder if we'll hear more about the 'strong and stable' sound bite.

I knew that catchphrase would come back and bite her on the arse. Wonder if we'll hear more about the 'strong and stable' sound bite.

‘Clueless And Deluded’ should be her new catchphrase.

To be fair, Andrew Neil is a formidable and relentless interviewer, who can make anybody look bad. Just a pity that Mrs May hadn't had more practise at standing her corner.

Looking forward to the rest of the interviews this week.

Mays manifesto commitment on school breakfasts allows only 7p per child per day for breakfast.

Bread and water if the kids are lucky!

Mays manifesto commitment on school breakfasts allows only 7p per child per day for breakfast.

Bread and water if the kids are lucky!

If it's costing a tenth of the cost of providing the free school lunches, does that mean each school lunch costs 70p? I thought the allowance was £2.30? Where does the £600m cost for the free school meals for primary schools come from? My calculation puts it at over £2billion.