Who will be the next Dr Who?

Its as bad as James Bond being gay. Dont mess with history of certain characters just to please a small minority.

Are you suggesting that women are 'small minority'? If so I've got some news for you..

Tilda Swinton is the new favourite apparently...

http://metro.co.uk/2017/02/15/tilda-swinton-is-the-new-favourite-to-ride-the-tardis-next-in-doctor-who-6450796/?ito=facebook

Tilda Swinton – 7/2 (Favourite)

Kris Marshall – 4/1

Olivia Colman – 5/1

Maxine Peake – 8/1

Ben Whishaw – 10/1

Richard Ayoade – 10/1

Andrew Buchan – 10/1

Reece Shearsmith – 12/1

Phoebe Waller-Bridge – 12/1

Rory Kinnear – 16/1

Andrew Scott – 16/1

Richard Madden – 16/1

David Harewood – 16/1

Paterson Joseph – 16/1

Idris Elba – 20/1

Chris Addison – 20/1

Gwendoline Christie – 20/1

James Norton – 20/1

Adrian Lester – 20/1

Alexander Vlahos – 20/1

Sacha Dhawan – 20/1

Robert Carlyle – 20/1

Laurie Kynaston – 20/1

Michelle Gomez – 33/1

Anyone except Kris Marshall please!

Im not a fan either. I think Richard Ayoade would be great tho.

Well, if we can't have Medusa then Stephen Fry, Noddy Holder would be an excellent choice I agree or Robert Lindsay

The Doctor should never be a woman, imo. It just wouldn't be right. I've no problem with it being a black / Asian / mixed race actor, but making a male character female after 54 years would be ticking boxes just for the sake of it. Will we be getting Jane Bond 007 next?

Moffatt made the Master female in this regeneration (iirc the Master doesn't regenerate in the same way as the Doctor anyway, he was more into stealing existing bodies to use), and in a recent episode also made a male time lord instantly regenerate into a black female, just because he could. It doesn't make it right.

Not being sexist or un-PC, just my opinion that some fundamental things shouldn't be changed just for the sake of it.

The Doctor should never be a woman, imo. It just wouldn't be right. I've no problem with it being a black / Asian / mixed race actor, but making a male character female after 54 years would be ticking boxes just for the sake of it. Will we be getting Jane Bond 007 next?

Moffatt made the Master female in this regeneration (iirc the Master doesn't regenerate in the same way as the Doctor anyway, he was more into stealing existing bodies to use), and in a recent episode also made a male time lord instantly regenerate into a black female, just because he could. It doesn't make it right.

Not being sexist or un-PC, just my opinion that some fundamental things shouldn't be changed just for the sake of it.

It's a fair point for things like James Bond, there does need to be some continuity to make the story work even if it is fiction. But Dr Who is an alien and I really don't see that the gender would detract in anyway from the story or the show. I just think it could actually give a new avenue for the show to explore, but maybe it would cause too much change. Who knows? We'll have to wait and see!

So, another new Who is to be announced....... but we will have to wait until after Wimbledon.

Does anyone actually give a stuff? Not that I am even vaguely interested....

Sue Perkins?

Jodie Whittaker 1-4 favourite, no idea who she is.

She was in broadchurch amongst other things.