Nightrun (ca. 1987)

I am looking for any info on the band Nightrun that featured Pete Willis of Def Leppard. Band members, record label, whether the single had a sleeve, whether or not it's for sale anywhere. I've been unable to find any info on this band anywhere online. I know they only did the one single but I'm desperate to find any info on them. Thanks in advance!

Hi Guy, only just seen this so I hope you're still checking in three years later.

Back then we were all friends through working at BT, Rich Day, Tony Kenning, Gerry Fletcher,  and Phil Wainwright, and also Andy (Slapper) Needham who worked at Coles.

We used to follow them around the working mens clubs, all the girlfriends were pals too, they were great times. Probably the best.  Tony had just quit Def Leppard and

Rich Day used to help out playing with Cairo occasionally, and Nightrun followed.  Rich used to bring backing tracks to work for us to assess and make suggestions.

It was very humbling that such a fantastic guitarist and musical talent would value our opinions, but he did. It was early days for CD's so we used to burn their tracks

to CD for them to give to friends, very small-scale low-tech.

I have quite a bit of Cairo and Nightrun stuff.   I may even still have a Nightrun tee-shirt, I did the logo for them, red on black.  

As far as I recall they did only one single, which I have of course, and I also have Cairo's '8 Bells' single.   

I honestly thought Tony might get a call from Joe when Rick had his accident, and that Rich Day would have been the absolutely right replacement for Steve Clarke.

I used to live round the corner from Steves gran, so we saw him quite a bit, RIP.

Other than that, Happy Days.   Email me if you're interested.  philg (at) talk21 (dot) com

Cheers

Phil

Will try a PM in the hopes the forum will send you an alert, and that you still use the same email address!