Chris Morris directing something on The Moor this lunch

I came on here just to find out what was being filmed on The Moor today (that I realised Chris Morris was directing after being stood next to him for 5 minutes!) and quite surprised there isn't already a topic!

So yeah, what I saw of it, there were two guys in SAS type gear with guns, running up to a guy dressed up as a rabbit, sat on a bench (just outside gamestation), then questioning him about something to do with the honey monster (!?). One of the actors was Kevin Eldon (Dead Set, Big Train), so I figured it was for some kind of sketch show, but looking on Chris Morris' wikipedia page it says rumours of him working on a film about terrorism, which would suggest this was it.

Am I the only one that saw this? Outside Gamestation/BHS at 1:30pm (and presumably a fair bit before and after). Anyone got any more info?

Someone was on here a week or two ago saying they'd clocked the Morris on a Tram doing sum filming or summat.

Chris Morris' film on terrorism, filmed in Sheffield, I'm getting moist just thinking about it.

Someone was on here a week or two ago saying they'd clocked the Morris on a Tram doing sum filming or summat.

Chris Morris' film on terrorism, filmed in Sheffield, I'm getting moist just thinking about it.

Why does Sheffield always have to get used in apocalyptical films? Threads, The Last Train and now this.

Perhaps he was using the Moor as an 'after the bomb' landscape!

Why does Sheffield always have to get used in apocalyptical films? Threads, The Last Train and now this.

Perhaps he was using the Moor as an 'after the bomb' landscape!

Full monty wasn't apocolyptical, bit weiry in places, but generally alreight.

I rieght could deal with Chris getting back with Brooker for more Nathan Barleyn-type-ness

Sounds interesting

im totally going down tomorrow... chris morris is my hero!

I work on the Moor and they have been filming all day. The two chaps in the fun suits were supposed to have been in the Sheffield half marathon fun run, and this apparently is a continuation.

Which one is Chris Morris, I have been talking to one or two of them . Wasn't much good for trade, they were stopping people walking up the Moor a lot of the time.

Yeah the police said to me and my OH "could we walk around the other side" so we said "but we want to go in Gamestation" so the police man said "well unless your going into Gamestation" :confused:. I said to my partner someone will put a thread on Sheffield Forum about this :hihi:. How right was I? :hihi:. But when we went into Gamestation it was empty. No queues, people or anything so I agree with Mandem it wasn't very good for business. Which shop do you work in Mandem? :hihi:.

I saw some of the filming this evening around 7:30 and I was very impressed. I'd crossed over the Moor this morning and noticed a few police officers and a camera crew, but I didn't know it was Chris Morris and didn't spot him. I was therefore gutted when I read on here at lunchtime what it was all about.

I was on my way home about 7:30pm and was cutting across the Moor from Charter Row past China Red. As I turned the corner onto the Moor there was blue police tape right across the Moor, and a policeman there. The Moor was also taped off at the top end by Debenhams. A young woman in a UV waistcoat quickly came over and asked if I could walk a different way as they were filming here. I told her I was going to stand and watch (I was behind the cameras) and I asked her if this was Chris Morris' film. She smiled as if to say that she couldn't tell me and said nothing. She then suggested I might want to cover my ears as there was going to be an explosion.

I was going to watch anyway but now there was no way I was leaving. The scene started and the abandoned shop front next to Argos exploded with a cloud of debris. It wasn't too loud and there weren't flames but it did look very realistic. Then two or three riot police in all black carrying machine guns ran over and forced someone to the floor. This happened behind one of those circular toilets with the adverts on, so I couldn't actually make out who was on the floor. I heard something like "I'm MI5" and "don't shoot!". The scene then stopped.

At this point I finally managed to pick out Chris Morris. He had wild fluffy hair and a big scar on his cheek like he'd been made to look that way. I'm not sure if he was the actor being forced to the floor by the riot police but he may well have been. Considering how often he did on-camera roles in Brass Eye and The Day Today, it wouldn't be surprising if he's also one of the actors in the film. As he looked over he caught my eye then looked away. If he'd have been closer then I may have told him he was "wrong and a grotesquely ugly freak". I may even have called him a "small bean regarder" and "the crazy world of Arthur Brown". I then headed off home.

It looked very cool and I can't wait until the film comes out. Chris Morris is a dangerous satirist who doesn't deserve punishment, he deserves GUNishment! :D

Does anyone know if filming continues tomorrow?!

At this point I finally managed to pick out Chris Morris. He had wild fluffy hair and a big scar on his cheek like he'd been made to look that way. I'm not sure if he was the actor being forced to the floor by the riot police but he may well have been. Considering how often he did on-camera roles in Brass Eye and The Day Today, it wouldn't be surprising if he's also one of the actors in the film. As he looked over he caught my eye then looked away. If he'd have been closer then I may have told him he was "wrong and a grotesquely ugly freak". I may even have called him a "small bean regarder" and "the crazy world of Arthur Brown". I then headed off home.

The scar on his face is actually real, when he's doing acting it seems he gets it covered up