Canadian shooting

The biggest terror attack since Trump took office and where is the media coverage? Where are the Tweets from the POTUS condemning the attacker? Where is the outpouring of grief? Where are the heroic stories from the survivors? Why hasn't the Facebook community changes their profile picture to a Canadian flag?

More importantly, why does the American, right wing media continue to report that the attacker was a Moroccan man that shouted "allahu akbar" during the shooting?

The biggest terror attack since Trump took office and where is the media coverage? Where are the Tweets from the POTUS condemning the attacker? Where is the outpouring of grief? Where are the heroic stories from the survivors? Why hasn't the Facebook community changes their profile picture to a Canadian flag?

More importantly, why does the American, right wing media continue to report that the attacker was a Moroccan man that shouted "allahu akbar" during the shooting?

All very notable omissions. Only one form of terrorism counts these days apparently and Muslim lives don't matter. Sadly I suspect that some Canadian Muslims will conclude from this that they will always be seen as the enemy and will therefore be open to radicalisation.

Fair point. They had military hardware, and hit a political target, so they are in fact terrorists.

Fair point. They had military hardware, and hit a political target, so they are in fact terrorists.

They? It was just one bloke, the Moroccan bloke was a victim/witness?

At least that's what I think, no ones really bothered to report on it.

Article here, the shooter was French Canadian, the Moroccan born man was a witness...

Shortly after the attack police arrested two men. Police did not release their names, but local media cited police sources to identify them as a French Canadian and a Moroccan-born Quebecer. By midday on Monday, police had clarified that only one was a suspect, and they had released the other – who was now being treated as a witness – without charge.

Fox News later sent out a tweet on Monday afternoon – shortly after the police clarification – suggesting there was just one suspect in the attack who was of Moroccan origin.

The Fox News tweet made no mention of the other man arrested, French-Canadian Alexandre Bissonnette, who now faces six charges of first-degree murder and five of attempted murder. Those who know Bissonnette have described him as pro-Donald Trump, anti-immigration and sympathetic to the far right.

Hours after it was made clear that Bissonnette was the only suspect in the case, the “false and misleading” tweet was still on the Fox News Twitter account and remained in circulation

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/feb/01/fox-news-deletes-false-quebec-shooting-tweet-justin-trudeau-mosque

Edited by nikki-red

They? It was just one bloke, the Moroccan bloke was a victim/witness?

At least that's what I think, no ones really bothered to report on it.

Yes. Still terrorism.

I think the bbc and other uk news outlets covered it properly. I dunno about social media I don't use it.

That's actually scary!!

There will be worse to come from Trump.

I think Fox News should be sued and am glad that the prime minister's office took them to task over their abuse of power and failure to properly report when the facts were clarified by the Police.

Edited by Margarita Ma
correction

Depends. If he wants to have a dedicated agency to deal with Daesh and the like, and responsibility for other terrorism is simply moved elsewhere, then it's not really a thing.