Ripped and torn jeans today's look

How many times in the old days did you get a thick ear or a ear bashing off your parents for coming home from school or playing out with your jeans ripped? You now buy them like that now

Thing is it's nothing new, we were wearing ripped jeans in the 80s. Fashions come and fashions go.

I just think they look scruffy. And some of the holes/rips are so big in the knees, I'm supprised people don't put their foot through them whilst putting them on. But people can where what they want, and as long as there's no holes in the crotch or backside, I can't really see a problem.

---------- Post added 01-02-2017 at 10:50 ----------

Fashions come and fashions go.

And come back again, mostly, lol:hihi:

Edited by AmberLeaf

I just think they look scruffy. And some of the holes/rips are so big in the knees, I'm supprised people don't put their foot through them whilst putting them on. But people can where what they want, and as long as there's no holes in the crotch or backside, I can't really see a problem.

I am amazed that people are not aware. Buying new Jeans with holes in is a con. they must

have more money than sense The manufacturers must be laughing all the way

to the bank, look at the savings they must make in Quality control.

MY comfy jeans that I've owned for 15 years ripped recently, unfortunately they ripped on the bum :(

I wouldn't buy ripped jeans, but I did have a pair I wore to death, they ripped across both knees, one of the pockets ripped off, and they were held together with a hairband, but they were comfortable.

I am amazed that people are not aware. Buying new Jeans with holes in is a con. they must

have more money than sense The manufacturers must be laughing all the way

to the bank, look at the savings they must make in Quality control.

The holes still need checking for quality tha knows.:huh:

I had someone walk into a job interview last year wearing them. Did they get the job? Nay Mr Wilkes.

I just think they look scruffy. And some of the holes/rips are so big in the knees, I'm supprised people don't put their foot through them whilst putting them on. But people can where what they want, and as long as there's no holes in the crotch or backside.

I have definitely seen young Ladies with rips in the backside department. Thankfully not seen any crotch rips yet. I expect given time (and watching "singing stars" on the telly almost naked) they will appear. Wonder what the parents think of these garments.

Angel1.

Couldn't believe it when my daughter bought some and told me she had paid a fiver more for the ripped ones she said they were on trend in my opinion she wasted that fiver but she's hardly taken them off so she must feel she got her monies worth the thought ripped off comes to mind

MY comfy jeans that I've owned for 15 years ripped recently, unfortunately they ripped on the bum :(

I wouldn't buy ripped jeans, but I did have a pair I wore to death, they ripped across both knees, one of the pockets ripped off, and they were held together with a hairband, but they were comfortable.

I hope you managed to find a new comfy pair!:)

---------- Post added 02-02-2017 at 07:38 ----------

I have definitely seen young Ladies with rips in the backside department. Thankfully not seen any crotch rips yet. I expect given time (and watching "singing stars" on the telly almost naked) they will appear. Wonder what the parents think of these garments.

Angel1.

I don't know why they bother with half naked singing stars on pop videos, they have to usually photoshop them anyway, wouldn't it be easier just to dress them properly in the first place! Or maybe it's just cheaper not to buy them clothes, and to get a computer to do all the hard work!

The holes still need checking for quality tha knows.:huh:

I had someone walk into a job interview last year wearing them. Did they get the job? Nay Mr Wilkes.

I understand that, but quality checks are only carried out on the

top of range jeans. Where the customer requires the holes to be cut by hand

to the position and measurement,as per personal choice. Using reight sharp

Sheffield made scissors

Couldn't believe it when my daughter bought some and told me she had paid a fiver more for the ripped ones she said they were on trend in my opinion she wasted that fiver but she's hardly taken them off so she must feel she got her monies worth the thought ripped off comes to mind

The last time ripped jean were "on trend", people just bought ordinary jeans and made cuts in them with a razor blade. After a single wash, they looked ripped.