How can win the hearts and minds of vulnerable muslims?

Is there any constructive remedy to counteract the radical Islamic brainwashing techniques that corrupt the minds of so many young, impressionable, confused, muslims?

Speaking only from my own personal observations and discussions on the topic, there does seem to be a growing resentment for Islam, a far reaching social attitude that recognises that while not all muslims are necessarily terrorists, all terrorists are muslim sort of view. But this is hardly surprising considering the warped ideology behind this terror campaign is Islamic.. So it could only appeal to a muslim in that respect. But what step can be taken prevent organisations such as Islamic state from winning the hearts and minds of these people?

Or is the only truly effective solution to continue bombing democracy into terror groups?

Is there any constructive remedy to counteract the radical Islamic brainwashing techniques that corrupt the minds of so many young, impressionable, confused, muslims?

Speaking only from my own personal observations and discussions on the topic, there does seem to be a growing resentment for Islam, a far reaching social attitude that recognises that while not all muslims are necessarily terrorists, all terrorists are muslim sort of view. But this is hardly surprising considering the warped ideology behind this terror campaign is Islamic.. So it could only appeal to a muslim in that respect. But what step can be taken prevent organisations such as Islamic state from winning the hearts and minds of these people?

Or is the only truly effective solution to continue bombing democracy into terror groups?

The West has to act in a manner that not hypocritical to Wests own values, then the Islamic fundamentalists would loose the propaganda war. If we act true to our values, then our consumerist lifestyles will seduce the minds of vulnerable Muslims and turn them away from extremism.

The West has to act in a manner that not hypocritical to Wests own values, then the Islamic fundamentalists would loose the propaganda war. If we act true to our values, then our consumerist lifestyles will seduce the minds of vulnerable Muslims and turn them away from extremism.

You make us sound incompatible. Or have I misinterpreted it?

You make us sound incompatible. Or have I misinterpreted it?

I'm saying nothing of the sort.

What I'm saying is that the West is all to fast to preach it's values to other cultures, but a bit slower in following those very values itself at times. This hands the extreme muslims a propaganda victory, because they can claim that our free and fair society is nothing more than a sham.

So these poor, simple western Muslims are at mercy of IS propaganda? How bad is the west to make somebody leave their home, job, family and live in a warzone to commit some absolutely unspeakable acts?

I'm saying nothing of the sort.

What I'm saying is that the West is all to fast to preach it's values to other cultures, but a bit slower in following those very values itself at times. This hands the extreme muslims a propaganda victory, because they can claim that our free and fair society is nothing more than a sham.

sorry, I did misread your post. I agree in principle, the west is sanctimoniously self-righteous, but would such a shift be enough to win the battle? Is Islam willing to compromise and meet us half on certain things that conflict with western attitudes and laws?

So these poor, simple western Muslims are at mercy of IS propaganda? How bad is the west to make somebody leave their home, job, family and live in a warzone to commit some absolutely unspeakable acts?

How many Europeans have been taken in by propaganda that led to violence on an unimaginable scale? What I'm truing to say is that if we stay true to our values, over time we'll win the hearts and minds vulnerable muslims.

We should carpet bomb them with credit card application forms and TV's tuned to QVC.

sorry, I did misread your post. I agree in principle, the west is sanctimoniously self-righteous, but would such a shift be enough to win the battle? Is Islam willing to compromise and meet us half on certain things that conflict with western attitudes and laws?

I believe that over time Muslims will be seduced to the West's consumerist lifestyle. It seems to have conquered all the other ideologies it's met, so I see no reason as why it shouldn't do the same to radical Islam. The leaders of radical Islam know this, it's why they hate and fear us so much.

How many Europeans have been taken in by propaganda that led to violence on an unimaginable scale? What I'm truing to say is that if we stay true to our values, over time we'll win the hearts and minds vulnerable muslims.

I recall as the whole Libyan thing kicked off, lots of Muslims begging the west to take on ghadaffi as they were getting battered. What happened to that lot? Or the ones that also watched across the globe and agreed with them?

The west, if memory serves, didn't want to get involved in Libya and didn't want to get involved in Syria. I'm not sure how our inaction in those two places would have helped much.

To expand on that, if we did nothing in Libya and Syria but chuck out a few tonnes of aid out the back of a Hercules, would we just have another flavour of Muslims angry at the west?

I recall as the whole Libyan thing kicked off, lots of Muslims begging the west to take on ghadaffi as they were getting battered. What happened to that lot? Or the ones that also watched across the globe and agreed with them?

The west, if memory serves, didn't want to get involved in Libya and didn't want to get involved in Syria. I'm not sure how our inaction in those two places would have helped much.

I'd suggest the muslims that begged for our help were grateful, the ones that perceive us to be crusaders looking to reconquer the Holy Land were really cross, and there was also a spectrum of views that fitted in-between.

We could stop bombing the crap out of them, stop trying to tell them who should run their countries then we probably would not have much of a problem to worry about.