Text from Nat west

Has anyone had a text from Nat west bank saying your account has been blocked I don't even have a bank account with them

Banks do not send text messages,it's a scam just to get your bank details, you should know this it's been in the news loads of times.

Same applies to emails purporting to be from HMRC, saying you are entitled to a tax refund. Fraud, pure and simple.

Banks do not send text messages,it's a scam just to get your bank details, you should know this it's been in the news loads of times.

Banks definitely do send texts, but this is also definitely a scam.

That's potentially poor advice.

Many banks DO send text messages, perfectly legitimately. Mine used to text me when money lands in my account for example.

However, if you are AT ALL uncertain, then contact the bank on their main customer service number, not using any number or website link included in the text. They will be able to confirm if it is legitimate or not. Clearly if you don't bank with the sender then it's not going to be legit...

Banks do send texts sometimes, but they always ask (well me at least) to call the number printed on the statement or the web page so you know you are ringing the right people.

I had text message that looked dodgy as you can get.

It went like - someone wants to spend so much there now and ending with 'reply YES or NO'

Contacted bank and it turned out to be legit one from fraud team.

Apparently my card details leaked out somewhere and someone try buying something for a grand.

Might be that someone gave bank wrong number or just scam.

Contact bank directly with that.