Daft pictures of hard done to people in the 'papers'

I don't know why, but some of the photos in the press really make me laugh ... take this one for example :hihi:

Here we see Mr. Colin Marsh (Heston Blumenthal lookalikey) and his closely bunched together family really trying a bit too hard to pose for the DM photographer.

A sad tale of woe, whereby Colin bought an iPad from Tesco in Whitstable (Kent), only to get it home and discover that the packaging contained not a brand new iPad, but three lumps of clay.

When he complained, the Police intervened and locked him in a cell for three hours because they suspected him of trying to defraud the Supermarket in question ... no charges were made and everyone lived happily ever after.

To my way of thinking, even the story's amusing, but the photo's superb! If Colin tried any harder to stare at the camera, I'm sure his eyes'd explode!

His wife (also staring intently at the camera) is obviously amused, but seems to have a 'get me out of here' embarrassed expression on her face ... probably imagining the amount of stick she's going to get from family and friends (but at the same time realising how much thy're getting paid for the photo).

The new iPad (held by the equally intently staring daughter) showing a photo of the lumps of clay that were the previous iPad is a master-stroke for this posed picture.

I love this photo so much, I thought I'd share it on here (some will tell me off, I'm sure).

However, there're loads of pictures like this ... often in our own lovely rag, the Star.

I thought maybe people would like to contribute to this thread by adding their own daft pictures (with brief synopsis) ... could be quite a laugh! :)

I also love these kind of press piccies! One of my personal favourites was from our very own local rag, not sure if anyone remembers it. It was about a little boy from Monteney School who didn't like water so attempted to smuggle into school a banned fruit shoot instead. Will try and find it if I can. The little boy put on a cracking sad and hard done too face for the pic. Fab!

I also love these kind of press piccies! One of my personal favourites was from our very own local rag, not sure if anyone remembers it. It was about a little boy from Monteney School who didn't like water so attempted to smuggle into school a banned fruit shoot instead. Will try and find it if I can. The little boy put on a cracking sad and hard done too face for the pic. Fab!

I read this and accepted the challenge!

Is this what you seek?

I read this and accepted the challenge!

Is this what you seek?

Exactly that Inspector Clouseau! Excellent sleuthing! :thumbsup:

Here we see Mr. Colin Marsh (Heston Blumenthal lookalikey) and his closely bunched together family really trying a bit too hard to pose for the DM photographer.

The bit I liked best was the fact he cannot be any kind of crook because he owns his own house and is self employed.

I’ve run my own successful businesses for 22 years, and I own my own house. Why would I want to scam Tesco out of a £470 iPad?

That will come to some relief to the police - need to solve a crime coppers? Instantly eliminate anyone who runs their own business and owns their own house.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/11/14/conned-father-finds-ipad-box-stuffed-with-clay-then-gets-arrested-for-fraud-4186979/

---------- Post added 15-11-2013 at 13:37 ----------

Ooh, ooh I must submit this:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/webimage/1.5961859.1376668649!/image/3058334385.jpg_gen/derivatives/articleImgDeriv_628px/3058334385.jpg

That's an epic ... he looks like he could be Ricky Gervais's dad. You can just imagine the photographer saying 'Look glum for the photograph please'. The accident obviously happened some time before as it looks as if they're just about to tow it up the hastily installed wooden ramps. :D

---------- Post added 15-11-2013 at 14:07 ----------

Brilliant! Love the caption for picture 2. Class!

Blast! ... I didn't realise there was an entire blogspot for this kind of photograph! :o:mad:

Eee, I'd be out of there so fast... :hihi:

---------- Post added 15-11-2013 at 14:55 ----------

As for the miserable people pictures, this one from the Mail a couple of days ago had the schoolgirl concerned looking impressively evil.

The missus bought a pack of three walnut whips the other day,anyway i took one out,and stuffed the wrapper with toilet roll and sealed it up.You should have seen the face on her ,she was having a right paddy."can you belive it somebody at the factory must have eaten it and stuffed toilet roll in it,they even put the bloody walnut back".I really wished i could have held on until she went back to the shop,but i couldnt.