Sign in to follow this  

Help - decent side of Sheffield?

Hiya, Just wondering if you can help me.....

I've just come back from Cyprus and a lad i met out there (who lives down south) has decided he's coming to see me on Saturday 12th July, now trust me this is good news seen as he's hung like a donkey, but apart from locking him in the hotel room and showing him a good time, where can i take him to show him the decent side of sheffield?

Any serious suggestions please....

Maria

Little Johns grave, Hathersage. Then walk down the steep hill (exercise) to the Little John Pub. There such a bunch of rednecks, once they know he's a southerner he'll last about 5 mins.

CUT TO:

Accident and emergency in Northern General.

A southerner... you went with a southerner? Prrrrfffffff

Just kidding!

Good night out at Takapuna's (gets well busy after 10.30pm though! Don't go before!

Anywhere on Division Street, Republic and dare I day Casbah (if he likes rock that is)!

But if you want a nice clientel bar with good alcohol, music and atmosphere... Takapuna's at teh bottom of west street si the way to go... from 10.30pm onwards!

Hey he's lovely and he sounds really cheeky! - i like that.

Yeah i was thinkin of Takapuna's, day time???

Day time.... ooooh... do you drive?

Take hime out towards Snake Pass and past Toads Mouth's... lovely views out there.

If you don't drive... Meadowhell... maybe he'll spend money on you! Rother Valley country park... nr Crystal Peaks (a bit boring after a bit tho)! Centertainment for some bowling n cinema stuff!

Ice Sheffield for a spot of Ice Skating... I hear it's great down there!

Your a life saver your givin me loads of ideas! Maybe i will be a driver, maybe i wont, wish me luck i've got my test the day before i meet him so maybe (fingers crossed) if i pass his car can be the first i rag!

Good luck MariaXXX, incidentally... what does the XXX stand for? Should I not really ask:P

Hey, DaBouncer, you never did tell me why it's called Takapuna's. It means flowing spring in maori, has that anything to do with it?

I keep meaning to go in as I went to school in Takapuna (NZ not Sheffield).

It's well nice, but the food is shocking. Well, it was a month ago when I had lunch so it may have improved.

Got to dig the fishtanks...

The food I find is nice but over priced.

Great atmosphere when it livens up in the evening.

Dunno why it's called Takapuna to be honest, but when I speak to the owner next time... I'll ask!

Ey up.

I cannot tell you boys what the xxx stands for....you'll just have to use your imagination. ( Actually it was the first letter i typed 3 times for it to allow me to register!)

Sorry to put a dampener on things. Do you work at Takapuna's then Bouncerman?