Sign in to follow this  

[SOLD] The Sheffield Experience

Originally posted by "ShefEducation"

:cry::cry: The problem of Sheffield is the clowns who run it.

This saga of Lydgate school ended in an incredible climax today, bringing shame to our city. So long as our Labour Council fight against descrimination, racism and the usual evils of our society I can support them. But that is not what they are fighting for anymore. Today in our great city council we observed the spectacle of Labour councillors voting to smash these parents who had been promised school places, in an action which was immoral and almost certainly illegal. We all watched with incredulity the circus which is our city council. This is why we flounder as a city, while Leeds, Manchester etc. proser.

If you care about the future of your think twice before coming to Sheffield. I'm certainly not glad I came.

Mark

Who put the councillors there? We did. There is an election on 1st May and if you feel so strongly then use your vote accordingly. :):)

Oh dear, not good. I thought we were all pretty friendly and there's definately a sense of humour here. We definately grumble though.

I've been cut up, and on occasion done it, by accident of course, but never had half the hassle that 'dude' had. The occasional bus driver might be grumpy and the occasional bad incedent might get someone sacked from bus driving. Sometimes strangers say hello, sometimes they smile if you catch their eye and sometimes you make sure you just look at the street when you pass them. I used to live in Liecester and I feel a whole lot safer living here than I did there.

Hey, people dont get shot here half as often as in Manchester! Nasty stuff happens in all cities, nasty stuff happened to me in Leicester, to my mates in Manchester and Bristol. Maybe you have to live in Sheffield for longer to get the humour, to cope with the grumbling and rudeness. At least you don't have to put up with people who go up at the end of a sentance. For that alone I am happy to stay put. and I know plenty of others who've done the same, even people from Rome and Barcelona. Apparently we're far more frinedly and relaxed here than over there.