Sign in to follow this  

Train Station Distance...

I guess this should go in the 'moving to or visting' forum, but it doesn't seem quite so busy as this one.

Just a quick question, how far (by feet!) is it from the train station to The Casbah music venue? Is it easily walkable, and roughly how long would it take to get there?

Could I have some directions please?

Thank-you!

Not sure about that one, if you PM Debouncer i think he works on the door there or has done in the past, he will be able to tell you.

I reckon it's about 10 minutes. Maybe 15 if you walk slow and aren't very fit cos some of it's up hill :wink:

a good idea would be to board the tram at the train station, and get off at the "City Hall" stop, walk thru the gap and down "cambridge street" which is the street its on :)

yes, it's about a 10-15 minute walk.

Optrex, from the station exit, cross the road and veer left around the Sheffield Hallam building, across the road you'll see Howard Street (The Howard Hotel is facing you on the corner). Walk up Howard Street, at the top you will be on Arundel Gate, across Arundel Gate and to your left is the Yorkshire Grey pub situated at the bottom of Charles Street, walk straight up Charles Street crossing Union Lane, Union Street and Pinstone Street until you come to Cambridge Street where you will see the Casbah on the opposite left hand Corner.

10 - 15 minutes is about right, it's not far to walk, hope this helps.

Big thanks to everyone who's helped me in these directions, especially Michael. They're written down now, and hopefully early this evening I'll be able to find it.

Any of you guys at a loose end tonight, get yourselves over to said venue, for an (allegedly) free gig, with 3 or 4 bands on...hot tip being Preston's Wandering Step, on around 10ish...it's a bit punky, a bit hillbillyish and a just a little bit good.

Thanks again.