Where has freecycle gone?

good morning. I have been trying to access freecycle this morning. I am getting a message that tells me " this group does not exist". this is in spite of using my favourites link as I have done in the past. I have changed my yahoo password and verified my phone number but no joy. any suggestions?? thanks

Are you searching for freecycle or freegle? It's now called freegle

Are you searching for freecycle or freegle? It's now called freegle

the link that I have in my favourites was to sheffield city freecycle and it was working on thursday.

I regularly use the Sheffield freecycle forum, but over the weekend and today it's not available, anyone know where it has gone or is it my link?

Thank you I couldn't find any info when I searched.

Edited by myusernameha

I regularly use the Sheffield freecycle forum, but over the weekend and today it's not available, anyone know where it has gone or is it my link?

Thank you I couldn't find any info when I searched.

hi, try the link from post no.4. that works for me. new design webite but appears to be freecycle.

I'm pretty sure there was something 'political' going on behind the scenes in what used to be Sheffield Freecycle, and there was some kind of falling out, and some moved over to Freegle....I have no idea of the actual story...But that's what seemed to have happened.

Try this link: Freegle

Thanks for that. I noticed today I hadn't seen any Sheffield freecycle e-mails for a while and then it seemed to have disappeared completely from Yahoo groups.

Today I got this in an e-mail:

Thanks for being a member of the Sheffield City Freecycle group. The group recently closed down on Yahoo Groups but it is still active on the trash nothing! site. To continue using the group, please join the group at the link below (or download the trash nothing! app):

https://trashnothing.com/sheffield-city-freecycle

What are the differences between that Freecycle list and the Sheffield-Freegle yahoo group list?