Car insurance up despite yet another year of NCB ? This is why..

I've always argued for a central third party only insurance scheme that is paid for out of VED (would need to be renamed of course and adjusted so everyone paid something rather than electric vehicles getting it free). Then every single vehicle on the roads automatically has third party tax so any not at fault driver would be able to claim every time.

This would then make fully comp insurance optional. By doing this you'd hugely reduce the number of people who want/need fully comp and therefore you reduce the demand for private insurance and thereby reduce the price drastically too. The ONLY reason insurance costs are so high here is because it's compulsory. Clearly not making it compulsory isn't a good idea so this gives a middle ground solution.

I think there need to be a strong element of personal responsibility. People who drive recklessly need to bear the consequences of doing so.

Never just renew. The meerkat is your best friend.

Well I just looked at Compare the markets and it is over £100 cheaper with the AA than what Sainsbury dropped it to. Only thing is it could go up as some companies require you to have business use on the policy when you are not in the same place every day so will need to ring.